Used Montana vs New LS

/ Used Montana vs New LS
Do you think the FEL on the montana can lift a round bale? 900lbs or so.

/ Used Montana vs New LS #12  
Do you think the FEL on the montana can lift a round bale? 900lbs or so.

I would think so. My XR3037HC (36HP) could easily lift a 900 lb bale and the R4344 you are looking at is larger with a bigger engine and more HP.
Have you checked with Sackett2 on the previous link provided? Or you can ask questions in the Montana section instead of here in general forums.

/ Used Montana vs New LS #13  
Do you think the FEL on the Montana can lift a round bale? 900lbs or so.
I would ask the dealer if it can... surely he has or could get the specs. See if he can drop the tractor off so you can test it out?? Test it out and know how well it will pick up the bail. Just because it can lift it, doesn't mean that you'll feel comfortable do so...

/ Used Montana vs New LS #14  
A Montana would be considered an orphan tractor, meaning they may be difficult to get parts for in the future.

From Tractordata.com
Montana Tractor History

Montana model U4984C tractorMontana Tractors was founded with the inventory of AgraCat Tractors, which had filed for bankruptcy. Montana changed the model line, distributing LS Tractors from South Korea. In 2009, LS broke the relationship to sell directly in the US and Montana entered an agreement with Kukje (manufacturer of the Branson brand) to provide tractors. Attempts for a joint venture with Branson failed and Montana stopped selling new tractors in 2011.

Montana Tractors - official site

/ Used Montana vs New LS #15  
A Montana would be considered an orphan tractor, meaning they may be difficult to get parts for in the future.

From Tractordata.com
Montana Tractor History

Montana model U4984C tractorMontana Tractors was founded with the inventory of AgraCat Tractors, which had filed for bankruptcy. Montana changed the model line, distributing LS Tractors from South Korea. In 2009, LS broke the relationship to sell directly in the US and Montana entered an agreement with Kukje (manufacturer of the Branson brand) to provide tractors. Attempts for a joint venture with Branson failed and Montana stopped selling new tractors in 2011.

Montana Tractors - official site

I would want a REALLY good price for the tractor and maybe a gift or two.

/ Used Montana vs New LS #17  
I have a Montana 2844, so it is smaller than what you are looking at. My FEL has lifted 1500 lbs. Montana says it can do more, but I don't want to push it. I have been extremely happy with my Montana. Plowed the driveway with it this morning. 12" heavy wet snow. Tractor just keeps on going!

/ Used Montana vs New LS
The backhoe sold today! Need to jump on the tractor before it goes.

/ Used Montana vs New LS #19  
Now I am certain that parts would be available for the montana. But is there an exact model for the LS tractor equivalent to work with. If you went to an LS dealer it would be helpful to know, so parts would be easier to source. The whole new vs used thing is fine and dandy, but in my location used compact tractors with a loader demand a premium. Sometimes only 2 to 3 grand cheaper than new with a couple hundred hours on the machine. To me, the warranty is well worth it in this situation. Every area is different I know. But why would I buy a used kubota from 6 years back for 17,000 with 250 hours with no warranty when i could buy new for 20000. Or better yet buy the Kioti equivalent new for 16,900. This is what i worked with when purchasing. The montana seems like a good deal and price is in line with what i would consider acceptable. The only other thing that can be a problem with used, is you need to take some time and look through the fluids. IF something seems off, or a fluid level is low. Then chances are whoever owned the machine didnt take care of it as well as they should have and you could have more issues down the road.

/ Used Montana vs New LS #20  
Don't forget.... we like to see photos :D :D (good luck)