Used or new....needing some advice to calm my jacked brain.

/ Used or new....needing some advice to calm my jacked brain. #21  
rj0530,
I've only put 30 hours on it so far and I've extended a leach field, installed a leach tank and have dug up about 30 tree stumps and hauled them all to a burn pile.

It is not a bulldozer nor an excavator but can do those jobs but at a much slower pace and scale. Haven't had a chance to practice with box blade yet. The darn implements made for these things are amazing and can do any job you can think up.

Hydrostatic Drive is the cats meow. I've had shuttle shifts as well as standard transmissions and there are no good comparisons if ease and speed is what you need.

Being a Newby, I really have no idea what these tractors can really do but I'm going to sure find out. The fel has the Quick mount bucket (skid steer/ bobcat style) and grapples and such appear endless. Sounds like the perfect tractor for a Landscaper.

I would definitely go look and see what's out there. Rent a few, possibly. Make new friends at an equipment rental business and see what works for you and what doesn't.

A good Dealer will understand your needs and will bend over backwards to help you. Don't confuse "Good Dealer" with "Good Salesman" they are not the same. Good Luck!

/ Used or new....needing some advice to calm my jacked brain. #23  
I agree and if it gets too high quit. He was a real farmer but around here things change. He has a JD 6 bottom that was never used except on his farm. Will bring scrap price as no till and cover crops have taken over commercial farming.

/ Used or new....needing some advice to calm my jacked brain. #24  
Just read this post and just my 2 cents worth. My boy could run my tractor at 7 years old full bucket in the front and with the hoe. He's 20 now and running a 35 horse new Holland, bobcat skid steer and 365 husky every day at his mait. job at a big resort. Also I would only go new you don't know what gremlins are hiding in something somebody want to get rid of. When you own a good tractor you wont ever want to part with it unless it becomes a headache. Keep your $15 grand to pay your first 4years of payments. The tractor will pay for itself. But as other already said you need to find a good dealer.

/ Used or new....needing some advice to calm my jacked brain. #25  
I bought a 68 hp LS a few months ago after looking at comparable tractors online. I was amazed to see similar 8 year old JD and Kubota machines with 1 to 2 thousand hours for about what I could buy a brand new cabbed LS for.
Since my farm is a couple hours away from our current residence, I wanted a machine that was going to start every time and be ready to work when I go out there on the weekends. Buying new just made sense to the wife and I. I’m very happy with my decision.

/ Used or new....needing some advice to calm my jacked brain.
Just read this post and just my 2 cents worth. My boy could run my tractor at 7 years old full bucket in the front and with the hoe. He's 20 now and running a 35 horse new Holland, bobcat skid steer and 365 husky every day at his mait. job at a big resort. Also I would only go new you don't know what gremlins are hiding in something somebody want to get rid of. When you own a good tractor you wont ever want to part with it unless it becomes a headache. Keep your $15 grand to pay your first 4years of payments. The tractor will pay for itself. But as other already said you need to find a good dealer.

Well now...I think I might have done just that. I've agreed to purchase and obtained credit on a new LS XR 4145H. Its got a bucket grapple with hoses to the rear. Dealer is going to put me some quick disconnects on the hoses and do the 50 hr svc on the machine for me. Machine has about 40 hrs on it from them using it a bunch themselves. I'm going to have them add a roof on it for a total of $25k. I think I've looked at everything within range of a dealer I would consider and nothing came within $2k and a whole buncha less standard stuff. I teetered for about a second yesterday when considering a Xr3135, drove both and wasn't even a decision in my mind. I'm trying to keep the pmts as low as possible @ 60 mos. so not getting implements financed in..thinking I can pick them up as I go....there is no 0% financing that I found. To get to 0 they tack 2-5 K onto the quoted price, so u just get the luxury of paying all the interest up front.
I think I've found a heckuva dealership. Mostly into sod equip but they've been around a while and seem to be quite fair.

I need to find about a 14K trailer now. If anybody within a few hrs of here or Vidalia GA has one for sell, hit me up. Thanks a bunch to all for all the good advice. Hopefully I can put this thing to work and have it make its own pmts whilst I log some seat time.