Buying Advice Used tractor for snow removal and mowing fields

/ Used tractor for snow removal and mowing fields #11  
A 3500' driveway and 20 of mowing is a decent amount of work. If I was going to do it with a tractor, I would want something that could power a 6' cutter and use a 8' plow or a 6' blower. That would require 45-50 hp.

Will

/ Used tractor for snow removal and mowing fields #12  
Personnaly, I wouldn't mow 20 acres in one day. I would do about a third of it on 3 different days. At least with a small tractor. And who can afford a large tractor for an occasional use.

/ Used tractor for snow removal and mowing fields
Folks -- Based on the great advice I've received here I've decided to go with a used pickup for the snow plowing. -- I'm assuming I could get away with a zero turn mower or front-deck mower for the 20 acres (yes, I would want to do it over multiple days). I would hire a local farmer to clear the tall grass the first time. Let me know if there's a more economical approach.

Thanks again for all your help!

/ Used tractor for snow removal and mowing fields #15  
Another question for you,would you like a tractor?

/ Used tractor for snow removal and mowing fields
Another question for you,would you like a tractor?

Since we have this little 20 acre plot we thought it would be "cool" to have a tractor. However at this point its more economical/practical to go with a used pickup and deck mower. I'll keep trolling the lists for bargains though.