Using tractor to move boat/trailer around property

/ Using tractor to move boat/trailer around property #11  
I did the same as what you did, drop a ball in the drawbar but i quickly discovered i didnt like the way it turns in the holes. the drawbar would flip before hooking up since the ball makes it top heavy and flips down. when moving trailer from forward to reverse it would feel it it hitting something. Adding a drawbar lock really helps but it wouldnt work on mine due to the way it was constructed on the BX.I assume that the B series has the full size 3 pt arms so a drawbar lock from TSC would work. To solve my dilemma, I basically welded a toplink post to bottom plate and used that bottom plate attached to drawbar. Now I am able to hook up the trailers and the drawbar is always level in up or down position, doesnt rotate, and holds trailer tongue securely. If you look on this TBN, there is a EZ trailer mover you could also use as well with your 2" hookups on your tractor.

Attachments

• 3 pt welded trailer hitch.jpg
    3 pt welded trailer hitch.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 923
   / Using tractor to move boat/trailer around property #12  
I have also used 3-pt and wrapped light chain down to draw bar to prevent inadvertent lifting of the tongue if weight shifts to rear.

/ Using tractor to move boat/trailer around property #13  
You will not have any problems moving around the trailer. I pull this boat all the time with my 28HP Jinma. The boat weighs 15,600# and is 38' long on the trailer from ball to back of the swim platform and is 10.5' wide.

Here is another picture of one of my customers boats, a 31' long by 8.5' wide on the 3 point hitch. Its about 9,500#.

Chris

Attachments

• IMAG0227.JPG
    IMAG0227.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 332
  • IMAG0225.JPG
    IMAG0225.JPG
    422.2 KB · Views: 658
  • IMAG0104.JPG
    IMAG0104.JPG
    467.5 KB · Views: 706
   / Using tractor to move boat/trailer around property #14  
There might be some confusion between the drawbar rigidly connected to the tractor frame, and a (perforated) "drawbar" that connects the lower links of the 3PH. The latter can't resist lifting forces, unless you restrain it like, FLINTLOCK did, or add yet another link connecting the upper and lower links.

John

/ Using tractor to move boat/trailer around property
Wow! Thanks for all the responses guys!! Alot of good info here, need to sort through it all and figure out how to proceed.

Here is a picture of the boat. I can't imagine it weighs more then 2000-3000lb.

IMG_0627.jpg

/ Using tractor to move boat/trailer around property #16  
I have a very similar boat. Before I got my BX I moved the boat around the driveway with a 16hp lawn tractor. It worked, but I don't think the tractor really liked it. Most any way you move the boat with your Kubota will be an improvement over how I did it.

Matt.

/ Using tractor to move boat/trailer around property #17  
The carry all hitch from redland hill mfg. works very well and wasn't too expensive to purchase on E-bay. I have several different size hitches in all my trailers and log splitter. This set up comes set up with both a 1-7/8 and a 2" ball at the same time so I don't have to switch. I leave it on when I'm mowing as sort of a rear bumper in case I would back into anything.

/ Using tractor to move boat/trailer around property #18  
I made this with a QA plate I picked up from an auction. It works great. The pics show a gooseneck trailer, but I use it for my boat and utility trailer also. In most cases I'll have something on the back of the tractor for a counter balance. The ball mount rotates so I have all 3 ball sizes available. My tractor has R-4 tires so going across the yard is not an issue. I regret I never got it painted.

Attachments

• DSC01398.jpg
    DSC01398.jpg
    606.4 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC01399.jpg
    DSC01399.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 346
  • DSC01401.jpg
    DSC01401.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC01403.jpg
    DSC01403.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 307
   / Using tractor to move boat/trailer around property
Considering what a PIA it is to get my 3pt accessory removed, I'd rather not have to remove whichever tool I have back there to use the drawbar. It seems that alot of you have had success using your FEL with a receiver of some kind, since I have the Q/A adapter, some form of Q/A solution is what I have decided.

I already have a Q/A adapter for my Tractor Supply 3pt carry-all to use in on the FEL. The carry-all has numerous bolt hole predrilled. My thought is to pickup the suggested TSC "Step Bumper Hitch Receiver," mount this to some stock, and bolt it down to the set of holes on the carry-all closest to tractor.

Thanks,

/ Using tractor to move boat/trailer around property #20  
If you are going to use a ball on your FEL, make sure that the ball is sticking out about 12" in front of the base so you have room to approach the trailer from the side and slip the ball under the hitch. I laid a 24" piece of 2" angle across the front of my bucket, then extended another piece of 3" channel iron out towards the front with the ball in it. Welded the two together and fastened the channel to the bucket with a 3/4" bolt.(big enough to insert and tighten by hand). By keeping the bolt centered in the length of channel in the bucket it works to resist both up and down loads on it, the angle handles any side loading. With the ball at the very end of the channel you can also lift a trailer tonque high enough to dump a load of wood.