UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread

/ UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread #312  
Most likely couldn't figure out how to use it anyway....

^This!

In the Navy back in the 60s I worked as a photographer and still have my professional Nikons from way back then. The owner's manuals were like 20 pages long. Owner's manuals for my latest digital cameras are well over 400 pages long...despite using them every day I know how to use only a tiny fraction of their capabilities.

/ UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread
Back to working machines, pushing lake snow here. Can you really do this with an atv? :p
6x6plows613.jpg

Last edited:
   / UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread #314  
I needed about 4 tractor buckets full of dirt down into my bottom land. Rather than use the tractor to bring it down I decided to fill the SxS's bed full of dirt and drive it down. My tractor bucket holds almost exactly 1000 lbs per scoop of gravel. So this load was probably close to that. The ranger handled it fine. On the first load I thought I had made a mistake because I was BARELY able to lift the bed of dirt to dump it. Not gonna lie it sagged the a$$ end pretty good but it handled fine. This made the return trip WAY faster than the tractor. Made the right choice.

IMG_0466.jpg

/ UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread #316  
Interesting, you have the mower offset to the left and are driving on unmowed grass. Did it just happen or do you routinely drive on the unmowed instead of the mowed.
Just curious as when field mowing we always swing so the tractor is straddling the mowed windrow, the only exception being the back swath.

/ UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread #317  
Interesting, you have the mower offset to the left and are driving on unmowed grass. Did it just happen or do you routinely drive on the unmowed instead of the mowed.
Just curious as when field mowing we always swing so the tractor is straddling the mowed windrow, the only exception being the back swath.
Typically I do drive on the mowed side. I had not split the field, so intead of wasting time driving across the headland I just kept making passes on the one end. So every other was driving on the mowed portion.

/ UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread #320