UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread

/ UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread #302  
400 pounds of lawn fertilizer down, and now 60 gallons of pre-emergent (Barricade)

The leftover bags of fertilizer make a great counterweight
IMG_20240319_153430.jpg

/ UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread #304  
We got about 14 - 15" of snow here Saturday. Normally, I would use the tractor and snowblower on a snowfall that big, but the neighbors with whom we share a driveway had some gravel put down recently, and I did not want to risk picking it up and blowing it off the driveway. I tried the Honda Pioneer 520, which has a 66" KFI poly snowplow on the front. I put a couple bags of sand in the back (about 130#, total) and have square-link, diamond pattern chains on the rear wheels. I made my pass when the depth hit about 10-12".

I had no problems on the straightaways, even in very tight places near vehicles - everything tracked well even with the plow angled. No trouble going up the steep hill on my driveway. I did have a little trouble tracking when trying to turn against the plow angle plowing the loops near each house, but it was manageable with a couple of "resets" here and there. I probably should have raised the plow a couple of inches to get some weight on the front wheels, then come back and clean that up once the worst of the snow had been cleared.

Last edited:
   / UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread
This is why I appreciate a 6x6 atv for plowing snow. Good visibility, a 6ft wide blade and so much traction, I can't spin the tracks. I ran the blade within 3" of these cars.
6x6plows978.jpg

Last edited:
   / UTV's and ATV's at work picture thread #309  
I never have a camera (read no cell) with me.