Valve stem protectors

/ Valve stem protectors #11  
I saw a post which I can't find now that did have completely round ones. I just can't remember the name of the post and searching didn't help. John

/ Valve stem protectors #12  
they have round ones too. so your asumtion was not completly wrong. the round ones do offer a little better protection.

/ Valve stem protectors #13  
On my LK3054XS the front has the partial round ones as shown in the picture and the rear has completely round ones. Reason, anyones guess. Sorry, but I don't have a digital camera yet to show pictures. If you have a Kioti dealer close you can check them out.

/ Valve stem protectors #14  
Did those come standard on your 3054XS? I didn't get any on my new 3054XS. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Valve stem protectors #15  
This post got the best of me and I had to go out and check my rims on my new DK45 also . The front rims have the round protectors but the back rims have nothing . Can I just take a short piece of 1 1/2" diameter black pipe and tack weld it in place as a "home made protector" or do I need to take the tire off the rim first . I can't see why I would have to take off the tire ,but with my luck ,I thought I should ask .
Big Al

/ Valve stem protectors #16  
Big Al i would use piece of pipe and if tire was loaded i would weld with tire on and stem on bottom,using a wet cloth to cool the weld in small amounts, it doesn't take much weld to hold the pipe in place, a couple tackes on either side will stop a stik from damaging the stem. if the tire is not loaded i would let air out and break the beed, i have heard an air filled tire will biuld up some kinda gass which can lead to explossion of tire, i don't know if its true, but if the beed is broke and fresh air is about it should be safe. IF YOU have tubes in tire you'll have to remove them i almost forgot some pepole get tubes when they load the tires,never thought it nesesary myself loaded tires had been fine on the old farm tractors for years.

/ Valve stem protectors #17  
When I was young that is what we did, justa quick and easy stick spot weld. Tires inflated or loaded, it was one of the first things we did to a new tractor. I've been hesitating to say this but the kubota website has a picture of the tube type valve protector. However I do agree if you can cut, drill and bend some quarter inch and use that as guard, then that would be better.

/ Valve stem protectors #18  
In the picture that I posted, my tractor only has these on the front wheels. I think it depends on what tire you have on your tractor as to whether or not you have valve stem protectors.

RedDog

/ Valve stem protectors #19  
I have the industrial tires and my 3054XS it came with them on front and back as I mentioned earlier. I did not have to ask for them and honestly did not think about it. I know my dealer had some items he did specifically for our area and this might have been one of them.

/ Valve stem protectors #20  
The only thing I got extra with my 3054XS was this watch dog.

Attachments

• 402155-DCP_1760.JPGe3.jpg
    402155-DCP_1760.JPGe3.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 363