Vehicle keys - making duplicates

/ Vehicle keys - making duplicates #51  
We didn't lose our voice. Our voice is clearly heard and the products offered are a direct reflection. We want this. We need this. Just like we need to walk up to the rear of our SUV and wave our foot under the rear of the vehicle and have it open. We want this. We need this.

/ Vehicle keys - making duplicates #52  
I didnt buy a new honda because the new dash layout sucks. And only digital mph. I think the brain comprehends an analog gauge faster than digital.

/ Vehicle keys - making duplicates #53  
We didn't lose our voice. Our voice is clearly heard and the products offered are a direct reflection. We want this. We need this. Just like we need to walk up to the rear of our SUV and wave our foot under the rear of the vehicle and have it open. We want this. We need this.

I guess I am guilty because I quit buying. Must have lost my voice. My only new cars were purchased in 1970, 1989 and 1993. Purchased lots of vehicles for my job though, but most were plain-jane fleet vehicles. Who ever said they needed 16 cup holders and $350 smart keys?

/ Vehicle keys - making duplicates #54  
I guess I am guilty because I quit buying. Must have lost my voice. My only new cars were purchased in 1970, 1989 and 1993. Purchased lots of vehicles for my job though, but most were plain-jane fleet vehicles. Who ever said they needed 16 cup holders and $350 smart keys?

If you live long enough, you'll have no choice.

/ Vehicle keys - making duplicates #55  
If you live long enough, you'll have no choice.

Sad to say, but am on the downhill side of life and the ol' time clock is ticking down rather fast. My '98 Ford Ranger will surely get me to the Pearly Gates. Standard transmission and roll-up windows are good enough for me.

/ Vehicle keys - making duplicates #56  
Sad to say, but am on the downhill side of life and the ol' time clock is ticking down rather fast. My '98 Ford Ranger will surely get me to the Pearly Gates. Standard transmission and roll-up windows are good enough for me.

Yep. Totally understand.

First time I used that "line" was in a discussion about Tier IV diesels.

No way to avoid these modern "gadgets" other than end being a consumer.

/ Vehicle keys - making duplicates #57  
Yep. Totally understand.

First time I used that "line" was in a discussion about Tier IV diesels.

No way to avoid these modern "gadgets" other than end being a consumer.

Hope this Tier IV has no problems...to far from the Dealer.

/ Vehicle keys - making duplicates #58  
Remember the old chevys that didn't even need a key? Those were the days!

Buddy had an old jeep truck in High School that was like that. The ignition was so worn, all you had to do to start it was wiggle the key switch and it would pop loose and turn just like the key was in it. Idiot thought it was a neat feature and pointed it out to a few of us. :rolleyes: It was all fun and games till he forgot to lock the doors :D Then there was no telling where that truck would end up on school property :laughing::cool2:

/ Vehicle keys - making duplicates #59  
I knew these "coded keys" for newer cars were expensive - but Lordy - those prices are ridiculous. Thank goodness I still have two key for each of my vehicles. I'll be sure to store the second keys in a really safe place.

My new motorcycle - 2018 BMW R1200GSA - has a keyless system with a transmitter. No buttons to push - no keys to use - the transmitter has to be within about ten feet and stay within that distance while the M/C is in use. I've heard ***** stories about the cost of a new transmitter and getting it and the bike linked up. And with the BMW - you DO NOT get a second transmitter with the new bike.
With most of them, you can get a new key for $30-50 on Amazon or Ebay. Just buy one, have it cut and program it BEFORE you lose the 2nd key. Then you have a spare key and if you ever lose the first one, you can still program another key without an expensive dealer trip.

Aaron Z

/ Vehicle keys - making duplicates #60  

My brother says "A Model T with air conditioning is all he wants"...