Vented propane heating stove

/ Vented propane heating stove #11  
I'd like to replace a vented propane heating stove that I have in my sun room. The room is not heated and is approximately 10 feet by 25 feet. When I bought the house it had a vented propane heating stove, and we've never had one before. Previously we had wood stoves, but this stove is cleaner and easier to use, and we really like it, but it's at least 30 years old and although it works, it could stand replacing. I can't find any reviews on-line about these stoves, so I was wondering if anyone has bought one recently and have any suggestions as to manufacturers , models and any other info. I'd like it to have an electric start with a battery back up.

Thanks!!!!
I am in Stephentown NY not too far from you and can help you with your gas stove questions. Over 40 years in LP and have installed and serviced most of them ( even in White Creek ) for John Guimarra God Bless him.

/ Vented propane heating stove #13  
We are very happy with our Quadrafire Oxford stove. It’s aesthetically pleasing to view and it really heats. We are using natural gas, but it’s available/ convertible to propane.

/ Vented propane heating stove #14  
I'd like to replace a vented propane heating stove that I have in my sun room. The room is not heated and is approximately 10 feet by 25 feet. When I bought the house it had a vented propane heating stove, and we've never had one before. Previously we had wood stoves, but this stove is cleaner and easier to use, and we really like it, but it's at least 30 years old and although it works, it could stand replacing. I can't find any reviews on-line about these stoves, so I was wondering if anyone has bought one recently and have any suggestions as to manufacturers , models and any other info. I'd like it to have an electric start with a battery back up.

Thanks!!!!
Jotul makes a nice propane stove.My dogs agrees to..
tempImageOdN0G9.jpg

/ Vented propane heating stove #15  
I use propane to heat the whole house. I also have a wood fire place that does a great job as a backup. Got plenty of wood for a very long time.

/ Vented propane heating stove #16  
We currently are using heat pumps, no issues so far down to 0 degrees. Back up is electric radiant in basement. I'm looking to have a second option for basement, propane. 1200 sq/ft. Non vented, as we have a heat pump hwh which acts as a dehumidifier and ac in summer.
I know what I need sizewise, but every write up looks the same

/ Vented propane heating stove #17  
We currently are using heat pumps, no issues so far down to 0 degrees. Back up is electric radiant in basement. I'm looking to have a second option for basement, propane. 1200 sq/ft. Non vented, as we have a heat pump hwh which acts as a dehumidifier and ac in summer.
I know what I need sizewise, but every write up looks the same
About 20 years ago I built a new machine shop and put in a propane radiant heater. The instructions that came with the heater said it could be installed as a non vented heater. I did the install myself and while waiting for to the particular fitting needed to vent it outside I just started using it non vented. This was a big mistake. I just didn't realize how much moisture the heater would put into the shop. I was very happy when the fitting arrived and I could vent the heat outside. The upshot is that you should consider the amount of water your non vented heater will put into your home.
When air is cold it holds less moisture. This dry air, will, among other things, make people feel colder. So a heater that pumps moisture into the air can be a good thing. Of course too much moisture in the air can cause problems. So please consider how much moisture the in vented heater will release into your home and how you will deal with it. The air in your home might be so dry that this added moisture will be a welcome benefit. On the other hand you may have windows with aluminum frames that already are a condensation problem and the added moisture will just compound the problem.
Eric

/ Vented propane heating stove #18  
That's the beauty of a heat pump hwh, the by product is it takes moisture out of the air.

/ Vented propane heating stove #19  
If you are not tied to the idea of a propane stove you might consider using a split system instead.

I use a Mitsubishi split system in the garagemahal and I am quite pleased with it. Its 36 x 36 with 14' ceilings and it keeps it to around 60 for about $30.00 per month in a reasonably temperate environment. Its also nice to have A/C in the summer.

/ Vented propane heating stove #20  
We have had a Vermont castingp propane stove for 20+years,cast iron with out It's own fan(have ceiling fan).Set the thermostat to 70 degrees and forget it.Run from Nov.to April or so.
It runs with-out power so is our back-up heat source also.
Not cheap but a great investment and made in the USA.