Ventrac Assembly Videos

/ Ventrac Assembly Videos #51  
smiley_hijack.gif
:laughing: :)

Speaking of 3pt Hitch I was talking to my uncle the other day and he said something about putting a 3pt Hitch and and 540rpm PTO on the back of a Power Trac. Could something like that be done? (factory) The only problem I could see is the engine and all the other stuff being in the way. But I think it is a good idea. Even though the PT is already versatile, why not make it even more versatile? Holder and Trackless articulating municipal tractors have a 3pt and PTO setup on the rear with a rear engine so why couldn't PT do it? :cool:

PT used to sell a 3pt option on some models, if I am not mistaken. Basically, it is just some hydraulic lift arms and a ram for the top link.

One thing the PTs are not good at is pulling. And that is what 3pt hitches are for... pulling dirt plows. I would say if you want to pull a ground engaging attachment, like a plow, you would be better off with a conventional tractor.

/ Ventrac Assembly Videos #52  
PT used to sell a 3pt option on some models, if I am not mistaken. Basically, it is just some hydraulic lift arms and a ram for the top link.

One thing the PTs are not good at is pulling. And that is what 3pt hitches are for... pulling dirt plows. I would say if you want to pull a ground engaging attachment, like a plow, you would be better off with a conventional tractor.

Agree...

As an analogy, why would you want to put an inkwell, quill-trimmer and sand beside your laptop computer...

/ Ventrac Assembly Videos #53  

Ahhh yeah I see what you mean. Being a hydraulic driven machine vs mechanical differentals used by regular tractors, the tractor is more meant for pulling.

Just an idea, though :thumbsup:

/ Ventrac Assembly Videos #54  
Ahhh yeah I see what you mean. Being a hydraulic driven machine vs mechanical differentals used by regular tractors, the tractor is more meant for pulling.

Just an idea, though :thumbsup:

Yep. It all boils down to gears and gearing. Tractors have range boxes that gear them up or down in high and low range. Some have medium ranges. Some have ultra low ranges, etc... and tractors with gear transmissions have even more gearing options VS hydrostatic tranny tractors.

The Power Trac, on the other hand, has only one range. The factory has to choose a compromise range when they select the size of the engine, hydraulic pump and hydraulic wheel motors. They have to decide if they want high speed at the sacrifice of torque at the wheels or low speed with high torque at the wheels. Or, something in the middle. Moderately good speed with enough power to drive it over hill and dale while operation powered mowers and such.

Since the machine is not designed as a pulling machine, they gave up some wheel torque for better mowing speed while maintaining enough top end speed to get from point A to point B in a reasonable amount of time.

Some owners have opted for larger wheel motor displacement for better torque on hills and such. They have cut their top speed when doing that.

Another owner needed higher floatation in sand, so he had larger wheel motors installed, which cut the top speed, but put on larger diameter tires, which brought up the top speed again and gave him the floatation he needed.

It is all about getting the machine that will do the tasks that you need it to do. It could be a Power Trac. It could be a conventional tractor with gears and a range selector. Heck, it could be a tracked Bobcat. You have to decide what tasks you need to do before you can pick a machine to do those tasks.