Voltmaster PTO generator

/ Voltmaster PTO generator #61  
Anybody with a 3x20 series JD run a PTO genny that can speak to the auto throttle to keep RPM adjustments?

really no one has the Voltmaster genny? Price looks good, American Made, and looks of high quality.

I like all the bells and whistles on the Harbor Freight 15KW but I am Leary of all that stuff failing since it is Harbor Freight.

Then there is the debate of Brushless vs Brush? I only plan on using it for emergencies currently and wonder. If it would be a big deal.

I have a JD 3720 and run a 15Kw PTO generator. It is pretty much "set and forget" once everything is warmed up. Even the well submersible pump kicking on will not significantly change the frequency. I believe the tractor's governer is dealer-serviceable to provide better speed control if you have trouble. Pretty sure I remember someone adding that to a Generator thread a couple years ago.

Mine's a Power Connection set: The Power Connection, Inc. - Generator solutions for home and agriculture

I have no comment on the brushes issue, except that most of what you see today for sale has no brushes, instead they use slip rings like your car alternator to energize the rotor windings.

/ Voltmaster PTO generator #62  
Soundguy: Not trying to rip on you here, but could you please spend just a minute and proofread your replies before sending? Your information is worth reading, but frankly a note with more than 10 typos gets very little respect. Quantity is no substitute for quality. Thanks.

thanks for noticing that i type on a mobile device.

I'll now drop into the backgrouind of this thread and stick you on my ignore list so that I don't ever again accidentally offend you by responding to one of your posts and it having a typo in it.

have a good one.

don't bother replying... ;) i won't see it.

/ Voltmaster PTO generator #63  
thanks for noticing that i type on a mobile device.

I'll now drop into the backgrouind of this thread and stick you on my ignore list so that I don't ever again accidentally offend you by responding to one of your posts and it having a typo in it.

have a good one.

don't bother replying... ;) i won't see it.

Wow, who pooped in his Cheerios?

/ Voltmaster PTO generator #64  
Sound Guy types some of his replies on a smartphone...like some others of us (me, for example), we'll all thumbs.

You know, before he explained about the cell phone replies, I used to think he was just in the midst of getting drunk. Of course, some of my posts are typed in the midst of getting drunk...so who am I to complain!!!???

Many tiumes I am in the midst of getting drunk when I read you guys replys and everything seems A-OK to me...hick.:drink:

/ Voltmaster PTO generator
I'm starting to lean toward just ordering the brush designed model from Rural King. For about $1300 total investment you get the shipping, pto shaft, 3pt carrier and the genny. Hard to beat for someone just looking to use it for emergencies and not much more than once every 10 years if ever. More of an insurance policy.

Can a PTO genny just sit on the shelf out of the elements and not need any maintenance as long as it isn't used?

/ Voltmaster PTO generator #66  
A little update on my Rural King 15kw generator posts:

The hitch pins were a dual Class 1 and Class 2 category. The pto shaft is extremely short and hopefully an extender will allow it to work on my Kubota L3400. Only a very small tractor could have that short of connection between shafts and considering the minimum hp rating is 25hp is kinda disappointing. The gearbox is also shipped dry but clearly tagged it needs fluid.

/ Voltmaster PTO generator
A little update on my Rural King 15kw generator posts:

The hitch pins were a dual Class 1 and Class 2 category. The pto shaft is extremely short and hopefully an extender will allow it to work on my Kubota L3400. Only a very small tractor could have that short of connection between shafts and considering the minimum hp rating is 25hp is kinda disappointing. The gearbox is also shipped dry but clearly tagged it needs fluid.

Any Chance you could post some pictures of it and of it connected to the tractor?

/ Voltmaster PTO generator #70  
Received it today and it is the same HF sells at $340 less dollars. Very heavy frame surrounding generator but believe it came with Class 2 or 3 hitch pins.:mad:

A few days after I placed my order I called them to cancel it because I said I would pick it up at one of their stores in the future. They called back and offered me free shipping ($116):thumbsup:

Now I have to get the hookup pieces to the electric panel. I plan on using an Interlock Device on a soon to be added 50 amp, 240V circuit. If anyone has advice or experince with the interlock device I would appreciate any comments.

Look at the manual and see if it lists it as a brushless generator. Just curious as to whether it is or is not. Sounds like you got a great deal when considering free shipping. How long is the PTO shaft? Looks like the frame would work with a quick hitch too.