Wallenstein BX42 for BX1860???

/ Wallenstein BX42 for BX1860???
On my chipper if you removed the discharge chute it would blow everything straight up:confused:, don't think I would remove that one either.

Agreesd, i was looking at chippers that discharge to the ground and don'e have the chute.

Mow,

You may want to look at the MacKissic TPH122 it will chip up to 31/2" stuff and also shred. See link below, in 2007 I gave $1580 for it. Works great with the BX.

MacKissic Inc.

Yes, I looked at this unit as well "TPH122". The challenge was having the shredder and how much it take away from the chipper function which I am most interested int. I also looked at the Bearcat CH45540, which I actually like a lot but think the BX42 might be a step up.

/ Wallenstein BX42 for BX1860??? #14  
I run my BX42 on my BX23. Never had a problem with it stalling, and I chip mostly oak. The only problem I ever had was trying to chip stuff with wet leaves on it, which plugged up the chute.
I kind of wish now that I would have spent the extra to get the chipper/shredder model. Twigs that I think should be chipped a bit better have a tendency to just get sucked through. If I had the shredder I'd throw them through it.

Well, I finally made a decision on the chipper. I decided to go with te Bearcat CH45540 model with the discharge chute. I think this would be a better fit for my tractor with the power band and from what I have read, it is a very good unit.

Now, I just need to get tractor and it it sized up and hooked up.

Any thoughs on how to best measure and cut the PTO driveline?