Chipper Wallenstein Chipper

/ Wallenstein Chipper #11  
dbk123 what what rpm's do you like running at with bx 62. I was running at 2200 and had no trouble with New Holland tc 55 da. Just kinda getting a feel if I can maybe back it down a bit.

/ Wallenstein Chipper #12  
i was wondering if you have to order off line or if there are dealers that carry Wallenstein chippers? i looked around on Wallenstein's website but there is no dealer locator. i live in CT and was curious if there are any dealer nearby or atleast in a neighboring state.

/ Wallenstein Chipper #13  
Kurt,

Kahn's in Franklin CT (NE part of state) handles them, or did a few months ago.

John

/ Wallenstein Chipper #14  
millpond,

I typically run the tractor at rated 540 rpm PTO speed. For small brush I could certainly slow down, but it seems like I always chip a few large limbs in every batch.

-dbk123

/ Wallenstein Chipper #15  
Im wondering if anyone has heard of Kemp chippers, they are out of business now, but parts are still available. Its a 4 inch chipper, 2 blades, heavy flywheel, has different screens for the bottom discharge, it hammers/anvils out of the bottom, no chute. They are asking $800. I think its too much, but ?? Dr has one similar

/ Wallenstein Chipper #16  
RPK,
I would say don't waste your money on a hydraulic feed. The manual feed self feeds very well. I have the bx62 on my JD 4310, 28hp at the pto, and it has worked great. I see no reason why you would have a problem running that on your machine and wouldn't spend the extra money on the hydro feed. Good luck, let us know what you decide.

/ Wallenstein Chipper #17  
kurtfromct said:
i was wondering if you have to order off line or if there are dealers that carry Wallenstein chippers? i looked around on Wallenstein's website but there is no dealer locator. i live in CT and was curious if there are any dealer nearby or atleast in a neighboring state.

These guys are a great operation to order from...;)
Contact Marlin or Karen

Phone: (814) 349-4484

mail@woodwardcrossings.com

Address:
Woodward Crossings
178 Jackson Hill Rd.
Aaronsburg PA, 16820

Wallenstein BX62 Wood Chipper

They delivered mine via FedEX...relatively cheap delivery fee...:D

/ Wallenstein Chipper #18  
I, too, own the BX62 and have used it for over a year. I agree with all the other posters that say the hydraulic feed is a waste of money. This unit will pull a 5 inch limb 10 feet in length through in 6-7 seconds. I bought mine from a local dealer in Nichols, NY.

George

/ Wallenstein Chipper #19  
I own the BX42 (handles 4"). We used it Friday evening to chip some hickory, apple, and cherry. It self feeds really well.

I purchased mine from Iowa Farm Equipment in Moscow, IA. They do internet sales and will drop ship anywhere.

When I purchased my unit, I was stuck on the idea of a hydraulic feed and they talked me out of it. Their offer was for me to take the unit without hydraulic and try it. If after using it I really thought I needed the hydraulic they would sell it to me as if I had purchased it all at once.

Once I tried it I knew they were right. Besides, when have you ever heard of a dealer talking someone out of purchasing a big ticket item like that? To me it said a lot about the honesty of the people at Iowa Farm Equipment.

BTW - since then I've gone back and purchased other items and found them to be most reliable.

Bottom line - try a chipper without self feed and see if it fits your needs.

Good luck

/ Wallenstein Chipper #20  
dbk123 - I'm surprised you are able to run the BX62 on your tractor. My conversations with both the people at Woodward Crossings and Wallenstein told me that the 62 requires a minimum of 50hp to run effectively. I have a New Holland TC35 and was told I need to stick with the BX42.

Anyone else have comments on this?