Chipper Wallenstein Chipper

/ Wallenstein Chipper #21  
dooger54 said:
dbk123 - I'm surprised you are able to run the BX62 on your tractor. My conversations with both the people at Woodward Crossings and Wallenstein told me that the 62 requires a minimum of 50hp to run effectively. I have a New Holland TC35 and was told I need to stick with the BX42.

Anyone else have comments on this?

Believe the people you've talked to...:D

I run my BX62 on a JD2640...which is 70hp

/ Wallenstein Chipper #22  
OK, I'll chime in.

I bought my PTO chipper four years ago. I did alot of reserach and even tracked down a few people who let me come over the try out their chipper.

I settled on a Salsco PTO 627. Here is a link to an informational page:

http://www.salsco.com/products/627, LIT, 2000 WEB.pdf

I absolutely love it. Once it grabs ahold of whatever I shove into it, I stand back and let it go. Hydraulic is nice, but adds considerable expense. It all depends on how much you use it and what you will be sending through it.

/ Wallenstein Chipper #24  
We have the bx62 and run in on our JD 4310 which only has 28.5 hp at the pto. Haven't had a problem with it yet, stalled it out a couple times by putting 6" hardwood through it, but no problems.

/ Wallenstein Chipper #25  
Kurt-- I don't know if you are still following this thread, but R & S in Torrington sells the Wallenstein chippers. I was there yesterday.

/ Wallenstein Chipper #26  
Tororider said:
We have the bx62 and run in on our JD 4310 which only has 28.5 hp at the pto. Haven't had a problem with it yet, stalled it out a couple times by putting 6" hardwood through it, but no problems.

The BX62's larger flywheel is nice isn't it?...:) I would guess you are primarily running smaller stuff thru your 62, correct?