Walther PP ammo

/ Walther PP ammo #11  
My uncle gave me a Walther PP chambered - 7.65mm, a WWll war trophy also. I was young when I got it and I'll bet I tore down/reassembled it a hundred times. One year when we had an Xmas get together my uncle brought some 32 acp ammo to fire in it. Fortunately, they set it in a makeshift clamp and used a long string to fire it. It blew the back end of the bolt completely out of it. I was so dam upset - the pistol never functioned or could be torn down after that.

A Walther PP in 7.65mm is a .32ACP chambered pistol they are one in the same. If it was a PP that blew then it wasn't using the wrong ammo if you chambered and fired .32ACP in it that cause it to blow. The PP was never chambered in 7.65 Mauser, a bottle neck round used the C96 broom handle pistol and was used in the Luger pistol (German military Luger would have been in 9mm Luger).

Now if you mean a Luger or a C96"broomhandle" Mauser chambered in the bottle neck 7.65 Mauser cartridge then yes, that could happen.

/ Walther PP ammo
For example, I heard it is best not to have restoration work on such items because it can lower the value, true or not ? TRUE
Not very rare; thousands and thousands were made with a bottom mag release. I do not think any Walters were made without a bottom mag release until about 1955.

The firearms expertise on T-B-N is highly variable and could place you in hazard if relied upon. It is easy to loose an eye or some fingers having fun with firearms but with incorrect ammunition.

Jeff , thank you for your opinion on restoration, rarity, and variation of expertise on TBN . I consider all posts equally . What would you recommend for ammo, and who on TBN to believe or not .

/ Walther PP ammo #13  
9mm Kurz / . 380 ACP is almost certainly the correct ammunition. When your pistol was produced all the ammo was full metal jacket. If you are loading .380 hollow point ammunition in the magazine I am not surprised hollow point is reluctant to feed properly.

Take your "PP" to a gunsmith at a "real" firearms store and have it thoroughly checked out by a firearms professional.

On all internet forums YOU have to sort out the opinions expressed.

On T-B-N there is a lot of TRACTOR expertise, highly variable firearms and ammo expertise.

Post your firearms questions on a firearms forum, NOT a tractor forum. The level of expertise on firearms forums is multiples higher.

Last edited:
   / Walther PP ammo
Take your "PP" to a gunsmith at a "real" firearms store and have it thoroughly checked out by a firearms professional.

On all internet forums YOU have to sort out the opinions expressed.

On T-B-N there is a lot of TRACTOR expertise, highly variable firearms and ammo expertise.

Post your firearms questions on a firearms forum, NOT a tractor forum.

Yikes, guess I hit a nerve when only conversing and looking for info . I just agreed with your advice and caution about expertise while asking a follow up question .

/ Walther PP ammo #15  
Yikes, guess I hit a nerve when only conversing and looking for info . I just agreed with your advice and caution about expertise while asking a follow up question .

Jeff9366 is totally correct on this. I don't think you got on his nerves at all.

/ Walther PP ammo #16  
Yep, Murph, yep SAILORMAN, I'm normal blood pressure.

However, SAILORMAN, when respondents take time to answer your interrogatives, you need to read their replies for comprehension, not repeat the same question(s) a second time within the same thread.

Last edited:
   / Walther PP ammo
Yep, Murph, yep SAILORMAN, I'm totally cool.

However, SAILORMAN, when responders take time to answer your interrogatives, you need to read their replies for comprehension, not repeat the same questions a second time within the same thread.

I did take the time to read all responses . Not sure why you think I didn 't read for comprehension . And I don 't know why you like to type big, loud capital letters like yelling . I did notice you edited your original response to me by editing all of the big giant capital letters . What questions did I repeat ? But most of all what ammo would you think I should use ?

At any rate, I suppose any meaning conversation between us will be futile . I wish it were not so . I 'm fairly sure this thread is a done deal for all, but I will read any future responses .

/ Walther PP ammo #18  
This was Jeff9366 responce-----9mm Kurz / . 380 ACP is almost certainly the correct ammunition.

/ Walther PP ammo
Murph, you are absolutely correct and I definitely missed that .. My mistake and apologies to Jeff ! But, I still think Jeff and me are done . No point in tryin ' to explain why .

/ Walther PP ammo #20  
I had the technical description of 9mm Luger/9mm Parabellum wrong (9x18 vs. 9x19)

My apologies for that.

However, the very Wiki article referenced by another poster does indeed list 9x18 as an available caliber, tho in a PP-Super. check the right-hand side of the page about 1/3 of the way down.

Of course, unlike some internet sources, Wiki is not infallible and that could be in error.