Want cream with your coffee

/ Want cream with your coffee #1  

terraformer

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3510, Bolens G192/Iseki 1910
I had some issues with frozen hydraulics this past winter.
Finally got the new filter and 10 gallons of oil needed to change the oil.
1710338919627.jpeg

I last changed the hydraulic oil about 7 years ago (500 hours ago) after a hose broke adjacent to the filter. You can see the replacement blue hose in the picture.

Last summer it had to spend most of it's time outdoors [at night and in the weather].

Anyhow I ended up with a watery mix of hydraulic oil and water. Nasty.

Last edited:
   / Want cream with your coffee #2  
I would try to locate the reason for so much moisture in the system as well as a 2nd drain and refill very soon especially if you locate the issue. Maybe its from short use intervals if that is how you operate it.

/ Want cream with your coffee #5  
You put pex on a hydraulic hose?

I've now seen it all...

/ Want cream with your coffee
I don't think there is any connection to the cooling system. The coolant and engine oil are both normal.

Never had it submerged. Initially my best guess is that the dust boot on the hydraulic control was ill fitting and it stood out in the weather.

Our normal use is utility in our woods. We move and haul downed trees. Clear trails, push things around.
hauling wood.png

Most of the time it is run for 1-3 hours at a time. Almost all when the weather is nice, but do blade the occasional 12" of snow. from driveway and compound. I did get it almost stuck in the pond last fall but grappled it out with the end loader and logging chains. The mud went up over the tires but not higher. The transmission was not muddy or in the water. Perhaps that is where the water got in but unsure. I had not thought about that till now.

Snob, No Pex, better see your optometrist. Never seen a good flow chart, but the line I replaced goes to the filter from the transmission sump, I assume that it is a low pressure line as the original joiner was very much like radiator tubing held on with hose clamps.

I have replaced the FEL hydraulic lines with some 5000 psi rated lines, just because.

As with any sump draining there is still some old in it. So will probably change it again next year.

/ Want cream with your coffee #8  
You really need to change the gearbox-hydraulic fluid more often as it degrades over time. That isn't a install it and forget about it item.

/ Want cream with your coffee
Change transmission oil more often, showing the oil was pretty embarrassing, Roger that 5030