Want cream with your coffee

/ Want cream with your coffee
Hi Arley, The cap is a screw in vented plastic part on the top of the back of the transmission under the fuel tank.

I think leejohn thinks that there may be an additional vent. I have not looked for one.

I mentioned that the tractor was in a pond but only up to covering the rubber.

Initially I thought that I might be getting moisture on the controller as the rubber cover was flopping in the breeze The pistons would not move with the control arm when frozen. I have since made a printed cover to repair it. I didn't think that it had much moisture in it.
1710424740401.png

The mahindra has been a good tractor. Had it since about 2011 It looks to be an 02 with no emission junk or computers on it. Just has needed maintenance things, mostly rubber parts.
I agree and the cap is the only place I can image it could get in. terraformer, can you post pics of the cap?

Last edited:
   / Want cream with your coffee #13  
The vent that I found in the transaxle was in the filler cap. It is fairly well buried but could imagine that water could get in if the vehicle was positioned in the wrong direction outside in the rain. The ventilated filler is to the left side and somewhat exposed.

1710799402386.png

1710800773921.png

I found an elbow that fits pretty well Might keep the the vented cap out of the rain.

/ Want cream with your coffee #16  
You'd be amazed at how much rain the wind can push into a small hole like that. I once left my tiller outside during a bad storm and the next time I tried to use it the carb was completely full of water. The only way in would have been the filter on the breather at the bottom of the filter cover, or maybe the hole for the bolt that held the cover on.

I was going to run the used oil through the chainsaws this season as bar oil. I expected it to still be transparent just a bit darker. Now need to find something else I can do with the oil.