Was ready to buy

/ Was ready to buy #11  
some dealers an salesmen dont care if they sale a tractor or not.i know a few like that.the 2 new tractors i bought in the last 2.5yrs was from 2 differant dealers.when i get ready to buy something im pretty much ready now.an i wont wait on a dealer to get to me to long.

/ Was ready to buy #12  
I'd email that to JD corporate.. just to watch the shakeup at the dealer.. :)

Walked into the JD looking the buy a 5045D and couldn't get anyone's attention. Not a "Hi how you doing?" or anything. Said fine they must not need my money so headed across the highway to the NH dealer. Same **** thing there!

Don't these guys work on commissions?

/ Was ready to buy #13  
G'day people (I'm back from a 3 week stint on the mainland).

When I started researching for my rig one of the first things I did was to find out what the 'word in the pub' was on the most reputable dealers in the State. Not only deals but service.

I also hit them early in the day... Just after they opened. The salesman dedicated the entire forenoon to looking after my needs like I was in the market for a harvester. Dealer reputation is all important so talk to your neighbours, you've already received some from your new best mates here on TBN.

Best of luck & welcome.

/ Was ready to buy
Going to try a Kubota dealer 45 min away. I'll give a report.

We do have a LS dealer nearby but I know zip about them. Will have to research.

If I have similar experience tomorrow I just may buy a relative's old Massey 35.

/ Was ready to buy #15  
Hope things go well with the Kubota dealer. Great tractors and my Kubota dealer and salesman have been great to work with for years now.

/ Was ready to buy #16  
I'm sorry that you've had such poor experiences. I had pretty good experiences in general when shopping for tractors. In fact the only complaint that I had when shopping for my first tractor was that all but one of the Kubota dealers and one MF dealer would only put down their competitors tractors. Instead of telling me where their tractor was better they just insisted that the competition was junk. I HATE that. Ultimately I had such a good experience buying my first tractor that I didn't even consider going elsewhere when I was considering upsizing. It didn't matter whether I was buying a wheel loader, a compact tractor or a combine I couldn't perceive any difference in the way any of us who were purchasing those items were treated. I would get routine calls out of the blue asking how I was doing, how my family was doing and of course how my tractor was doing for years after my purchase. You would have thought that I bought a $150,000 wheel loader instead of a $30,000 tractor. And even now with my most recent purchase I feel like the dealer really does appreciate my business. That's why I'll keep going back to Capital Tractor for everything that I can. When you find a dealer that treats you right, you stick with them!

/ Was ready to buy #17  
Walked into the JD looking the buy a 5045D and couldn't get anyone's attention. Not a "Hi how you doing?" or anything. Said fine they must not need my money so headed across the highway to the NH dealer. Same **** thing there!

Don't these guys work on commissions?
Your lucky! It drives me nuts when salesmen come running at you like vultures. If I need a salesmen, I'll find one. Until then leave me alone.

/ Was ready to buy #18  
Its not just some tractor dealers dont care, its a lot of different type businesses nowdays that have the dont give a chit attitude. Sign of the times i guess.

/ Was ready to buy #19  
Your lucky! It drives me nuts when salesmen come running at you like vultures. If I need a salesmen, I'll find one. Until then leave me alone.

I agree. I get a salesman if I need one. However, it seems like the area you live could also be the issue. Up in Buffalo, NY, I have yet to run across any dealer that would not help you. That includes the JD, New Holland, Case, Kubota, Kioti, Yanmar and Massey dealers. They are all friendly and willing to help you. Heck, I brought a box blade two weeks ago and it was the owner that sold it to me. This guy has one of the biggest Case and Kubota dealerships in the area (Lamb and Webster) and he found time talk to me, take me out to his yard in his truck to look at the box blade (it is a big yard) and work up the sale slip. All this for a $900.00 implement.

/ Was ready to buy #20  

My feelings exactly!