Was ready to buy

/ Was ready to buy #21  
I bought my Tractor a tad over two years ago. My dealer has been in business for three decades. The owner and staff are the greatest. I still call the dealer when I need advice or info in regards to maintenance work; etc. They always help me and have always been courteous. BTW, I'm sorry that You had difficulty. Best wishes.

/ Was ready to buy #22  
Your lucky! It drives me nuts when salesmen come running at you like vultures. If I need a salesmen, I'll find one. Until then leave me alone.

Exactly! I feel the same way. :D

/ Was ready to buy #23  
Boy we are lucky in northern N.Y.,I own a couple JD mowers,purchased two new Kubota's and a lot of implements from our local Kubota dealer,my son just purchased a used Kubota from the NH,Massey dealer and all are great places to do business.

/ Was ready to buy
Visited Kubota and JD in small town 45 minutes away. Went much better and both sales guys spent a lot of time explaining the tractors. Both also showed me a few used ones. Now it's making up my mind.

/ Was ready to buy #25  
Visited Kubota and JD in small town 45 minutes away. Went much better and both sales guys spent a lot of time explaining the tractors. Both also showed me a few used ones. Now it's making up my mind.
As it should be. Best of luck with the decision. We would be happy to spend your money for you (I mean help you compare models) if you want.

Aaron Z

/ Was ready to buy
As it should be. Best of luck with the decision. We would be happy to spend your money for you (I mean help you compare models) if you want.

Aaron Z

Here's what I'm trying to decide but at this point I'm leaning green.

New Kubota L3200 or L3800. Low $20s package deal
Used Kubota L3400. $10k but kinda rough. Can't remember hours.

New JD 3032e or 3038e. Low $20s package deal.
Used JD 3320 no FEL. $10k pretty good shape but was used by a golf course so turf tires. 1000hrs
Used JD 3520 $21k really good shape. 150hrs.

I know it probably varies widely but how much will dealers come off their new prices?

/ Was ready to buy #27  
Many members report jerky hitches on the Kubota Lxx00 Series, so I would have the dealer put a rotary cutter on and make sure it is not one with a problem.

I don't know anything about the John Deere models mentioned, sorry.

/ Was ready to buy #28  
I find prices vary greatly depending on geographic location, tend to be most expensive in the northeast. When I was shopping for my first tractor, I went to the local JD dealer. I had a JD mower I was happy with, needed some new blades for it and thought I would kill two birds with one stone sort of thing. It took me forever to get help from either parts or sales. Parts guy acted like I was annoying him, taking up his time for wanting to buy some blades for my mower. He didn't have any in stock and would have to order them. I finally got hold of a sales person, sorted out which tractor would best suit me and he gave me a quote. He made a real big deal about getting me 10% off list price and what a special deal he was giving me, end of the month making quota nonsense. I checked the JD web site when I got home... his 10% off was actually JD's MSRP!!?? I then went next door to the Kubota dealer, told them what I had just gone thru at the JD dealer. He was very helpful, had me drive several tractors to get the feel of them. He prices were better than the JD dealer but they didn't fit me ergonomically very well. He asked if I was looking at any other tractors, I told him I was considering looking at Kioti's, well... he went ballistic, started yelling and shouting about Korean cr@p and how could I even consider them. I just walked out in the middle of his tirade and haven't been back to either dealer since. Never did get the mower blades from the JD dealer.

/ Was ready to buy #29  
Here's what I'm trying to decide but at this point I'm leaning green.

New Kubota L3200 or L3800. Low $20s package deal
Used Kubota L3400. $10k but kinda rough. Can't remember hours.

New JD 3032e or 3038e. Low $20s package deal.
Used JD 3320 no FEL. $10k pretty good shape but was used by a golf course so turf tires. 1000hrs
Used JD 3520 $21k really good shape. 150hrs.

I know it probably varies widely but how much will dealers come off their new prices?

Why the sudden change from a 4,200lb 2WD machine (5045D) to a 2,200lb 4WD machine like the 3038E? That's a pretty big change.

For the $21K you mentioned they wanted for the used 3520 you could buy a lot more capability, plus warranty, in a new tractor from other brands....way more actually.

One major downside to the Deere 3032E and 3038E is that they only have a 2-range transmission. That doesn't seem like a big deal until you start using them seriously.

/ Was ready to buy
Why the sudden change from a 4,200lb 2WD machine (5045D) to a 2,200lb 4WD machine like the 3038E? That's a pretty big change.

For the $21K you mentioned they wanted for the used 3520 you could buy a lot more capability, plus warranty, in a new tractor from other brands....way more actually.

One major downside to the Deere 3032E and 3038E is that they only have a 2-range transmission. That doesn't seem like a big deal until you start using them seriously.

Yeah I know that's a big change but as I was looking and talking to the sales guys I realized it was probably overkill. I have 14 acres with about eight acres in pasture and the rest wooded. Primary uses would be brush hogging, leveling, post holes and building structures.

I have a GT235 that's been bulletproof so that's one of the things that pulls me that way. What other brands would you suggest? I've casually looked at Kioti and LS but their dealer support here is a bit scarce.