Washing Potatoes in a Dishwasher....or....Another Fine Mess I'm In !!

/ Washing Potatoes in a Dishwasher....or....Another Fine Mess I'm In !! #21  
We annually do a shop party with chili and potato bar. We simply wash them by hand. Not that big of a deal. Good conversation time between the best wife in the world and the best husband in the world.

/ Washing Potatoes in a Dishwasher....or....Another Fine Mess I'm In !!
We annually do a shop party with chili and potato bar. We simply wash them by hand. Not that big of a deal. Good conversation time between the best wife in the world and the best husband in the world.

These are 52 monsters. And I know who would end up doing all the work. Average slightly less than a pound apiece. But it's not really the work that matters. It is the principal of the thing. As a long time TBN member I should be able to come up with an unusual, unorthodox method of screwing up...., excuse me,.... innovative way of doing just about anything. I shall give it a try.

RSKY

/ Washing Potatoes in a Dishwasher....or....Another Fine Mess I'm In !! #23  
I've washed a LOT of potatoes in the washing machine, it works great.

Just don't let them wash too long.

SR

/ Washing Potatoes in a Dishwasher....or....Another Fine Mess I'm In !!
Another vote for pressure washer, but for another reason:
- The wide fan tip will work for general cleaning.
- The narrow fan tip will be perfect for engraving the name of each dinner guest into their own potato. Huge point windfall with the wife for that one!

RSKY - I wish you were my neighbor!

You would probably be like the rest of them, run inside and peek thru the curtains whenever I go outside.

Hadn't really thought about it but I have heard neighbors talking about some of the crazy things somebody has done over the years. Didn't occur at the time that it might have been me they were talking about.

Like the time I burned all my leaves and the leaves of the neighbors on each side in about 45 seconds. THAT was a glorious night but I well NEVER do that again. Shook windows a half mile away.

Anyway, we are taking the potatoes out of the oven as I type. We will see how they turn out.

RSKY

Last edited:
   / Washing Potatoes in a Dishwasher....or....Another Fine Mess I'm In !! #26  
It's good to see so many people pitching in with advice for a fellow member. 👍

/ Washing Potatoes in a Dishwasher....or....Another Fine Mess I'm In !! #27  
You would probably be like the rest of them, run inside and peek thru the curtains whenever I go outside.

Hadn't really thought about it but I have heard neighbors talking about some of the crazy things somebody has done over the years. Didn't occur at the time that it might have been me they were talking about.

Like the time I burned all my leaves and the leaves of the neighbors on each side in about 45 seconds. THAT was a glorious night but I well NEVER do that again. Shook windows a half mile away.

Anyway, we are taking the potatoes out of the over as I type. We will see how they turn out.

RSKY
45seconds? :eek: Details, please! Liquid oxygen? Nitrate?...😆

/ Washing Potatoes in a Dishwasher....or....Another Fine Mess I'm In !! #28  
REALLY??

Front loader or top loader??

RSKY
Top loader, I use the small load setting, cold water and I keep reaching in to check when they are clean. It doesn't take long, then I use the spin setting and they are done.

BTW, My washing machine doesn't put the water into my sewer, I have it empty into my basement sump, that empties out away from my house over a small hill on the ground.

SR

/ Washing Potatoes in a Dishwasher....or....Another Fine Mess I'm In !! #29  

Anyway, we are taking the potatoes out of the over as I type. We will see how they turn out.

RSKY
Awww come on! ..... you have to give the WHOLE story.... not just a hint....

/ Washing Potatoes in a Dishwasher....or....Another Fine Mess I'm In !! #30  
Mom used a top load clothes washer for cukes but never for spuds that I remember. When i told my wife that we should try it, t'was a look of horror. So, . . . no.