Water Pressure

/ Water Pressure #31  
Not sure what kind of lables. My grandparents used to have this type and so do my wife's parents. From what I remember, they tend to have more of a galvanized look (don't want rust). The bladder type have a tire type nipple that lets you check pressure with a tire gauge and fill it with a tire fitting. Don't remember that on the other kind.

All of the bladder kind I have ever seen tent to look more like a propane tank for your gas grill. A round more or less stand with the top being totally rounded without the carrying handles. Seems like all of the ones I have seen also have the water hookup (a single one on mine) near the bottom.

My guess is the old tank developed a leak and was replaced. Could be it was just too heavy or big to get out from where it was or was just "stored" there in case a use could ever be found.

Glenn

/ Water Pressure #32  
Glenn -

Guess I should hold off on further questions until I get a chance to see it in person again.

My recollection of the big tank is that it still looked brand new, but my memory doesn't count for much these days. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif What actually happened is one of the many secrets my dad took with him when he passed away. Hmmmm... The way digital/satellite communications is developing, maybe I'll be able to contact him soon. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thanks for your input.

HarvSig.gif

/ Water Pressure
Glenn,
Thanks for the info on the pressure tank and how the pressure is to be set. I know we have the bladder type and we did not get manuals with it. I will check out the pressure settings later this week.

I am going to have to take a closer look at my feed lines on the longer runs. I have a feeling that 1/2" was used a bit more than it should have been.

Thanks again for all the great information!
MarkV