Ways to wealth

/ Ways to wealth #31  
Interviewer: "Congratulations on winning the lottery."
Farmer: "Thank you."
Interviewer: "Do you have any special plans for spending all of that money?"
Farmer: "Nope. Not really. I'm just gonna keep farming until it’s all gone."

/ Ways to wealth #32  
I'll have to check it out. You have the ISBN number per chance?

I do not, and my library app doesn't seem to list it. I think most libraries allow for digital "borrowing" these days.

/ Ways to wealth #33  
In 1969 my aunt passed, with $200 going to all of her nephews/nieces. My cousin bought a pony - shetland, miserable beast. Mine was invested in a growth fund. A couple years later, he was sick of the pony and trucked it back to the original owner. So we went down to pick up that pony for ourselves - since it was already paid for, and since it was kind of part of the family. Kept it for a couple years, till we were sick of the miserable beast, then also sent it back. 53yrs later - cousin has no pony, and no investment. I got the pony, and still have that investment, dividends reinvested, nothing more added or taken out. We call it the pony fund. I don't have the heart to ever mention it to the cousin. For what it's worth, we could buy a whole lot of "herds of horses" for that.

/ Ways to wealth #34  
I’ve done some terrible things for money...

Like getting up early to go to work...!

/ Ways to wealth #35  
I compare equine ownership to owning a boat. A boat is a hole in the water you throw money into. A horse is a hole in the barn / pasture you also throw money into . The only person who makes out in the horse deal is the farrier and one of my close friends is one. 75 bucks a horse and he has to turn 'clients' away.

/ Ways to wealth #37  
My initial investment was about 7 grand. I bought a portfolio with a total value of just under a hundred grand. I collected better than 86% of it. It paid off within a year. Then I bought much bigger portfolios.
Sometimes great wealth only requires a little creativity and a less traveled road.

Google YouTube millionaires.

Better call Raul!

/ Ways to wealth #38  
I was considering buying an aging thoroughbred, but wanted a veterinarian's opinion of the horse before finalizing the deal. After the vet had completed the exam, I asked "Will I be able to race him?"
The vet looked at me, then at the horse and said, "Sure, and you'll probably win !"

/ Ways to wealth #39  
Speaking of race horses.

Was sitting in the break room at work with three other supervisors. One of them said, and I quote as close to a thirty year old memory lets me, "I had sixteen hours of overtime on this check and only brought home 58 cents!"

He was not kidding.

Seems he was into quarter horse racing. He never won anything but always had a horse that was gonna take it all. So after two years of loosing his shirt,... and everything else he had,... including his third wife. He was loosing bad again. This other guy at the track had a horse he had given $20,000 for. The horse broke a leg and right before they put it out of it's misery my friend bought it for $50. Then he took a $20,000 loss on his income taxes.

The IRS does NOT have a sense of humor. So he found out.

Anyway, they garnished his check for a long time until they got what he owned plus penalties plus I figure they took a little extra because he was an a$$hole.

That is my memory for the day.

RSKY

/ Ways to wealth #40  
The love of money is the root of all evil.