Weight for control of implements

/ Weight for control of implements #31  
And another.

Thanks for the videos.

All matching rubber in the rear, with decent tread left. Not seen very often on older tractors with duals.

/ Weight for control of implements
No worries and no doubt a 4x4 75 hp of similar weight would outwork a 2wd 95 hp.

I was looking on tractor data and the JX-95 has 93 engine hp but only 80 PTO and 66 draw bar. Pretty big drop from engine hp to the draw bar hp. The 4440 has 130 hp advertised and 112 at the drawbar.

/ Weight for control of implements #33  
Have you tried it with a bucket full of dirt/something heavy? That might give you an indication about the front weights.

/ Weight for control of implements #34  
bdog
That's a nice looking original paint 4440. I'll bet you'll like it. It will take a GOOD newer MFWD to pull with it.:thumbsup: I wouldn't trade my 4255 for one of the electronic controlled new MFWD's.

/ Weight for control of implements #35  
No worries and no doubt a 4x4 75 hp of similar weight would outwork a 2wd 95 hp.

I was looking on tractor data and the JX-95 has 93 engine hp but only 80 PTO and 66 draw bar. Pretty big drop from engine hp to the draw bar hp. The 4440 has 130 hp advertised and 112 at the drawbar.
I would have kept the duals and used them without ballast so easier to remove. When I had my 9000 Ford we put the duals on in the fall- spring and removed them for cultivation during the summer. It was a task that I could do by myself with the 18.4x38 tires. As said, inner tires were ballasted with water but outer set was just air for easier handling. A nice tree next to where you remove the tires is handy as it is a bit hard to upright them if laid flat. You would be surprised at how much better the tractor does with duals on it.

I thought about keeping them but I have an 8' shredder that I use a lot. With the duals I would not be able to get close to things. Also with my moldboard and chisel plow the duals would be wider than my plow. They would work nice with my disc but that is about it.

/ Weight for control of implements #37  
Do you have draft control?

Do you have draft control?

It did have it and it keeps the tractor from stopping but it doesn't really help the side to side movement or tail wagging the dog effect

/ Weight for control of implements #39  
Nice looking tractor. It appears that it was taken care of, I'm sure you'll get many years of good service out of it.