Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum!

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #43  
Hi guys, I'm a new member to this forum with a 2010 Kubota M59 TLB. We finally got enough snow to be worthy of blowing and I find that my rear mounted blower causes me grief when blowing up a 10% grade in my park. Chains are not an option on my R-4 tires because of the lack of clearance between the fender well and inside tires....a friend with an atv that he uses for snow removal suggested tire studs.....I put carbide screw-in studs in the lugs @3 per = 180/ tire on all 4 tires.....yesterday we received 6" of snow!!!!! Great test day!!!!! Sure enough, the tractor stuck like glue going up hill while blowing snow!!!! So far, I highly recommend studs as a far cheaper alternative:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #44  
can I read this forum even if I live in Florida and we have no snow?

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #46  
Hi Whistlepig!

Yes, I have had a chance to use the chains. We got about 5" of fairly powdery snow last week. This isn't really enough to give the chains a good work out, but the two areas I would normally see slippage (end of the drive and on the road in front of my drive (which hadn't been plowed by the county yet)) resulted in no slippage whatsoever.
I could probably do the work in 2WD, but I'd have to use the steering brakes. All in all, the chains are a big help and worth the purchase (and the work involved in putting them on the tractor). I'm hoping we get a heavier snow (15" or so) so I can give this tractor and chains a good work out.

Couple of pics attached...sorry, no action pics. These were taken at 0500 and my wife doesn't get up that early (let alone drag her butt outside to take pictures!).

Nice set up. I like the rear work lights. I've used my chains for the third snow today. I like 'em.

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #47  
Hi guys, I'm a new member to this forum with a 2010 Kubota M59 TLB. We finally got enough snow to be worthy of blowing and I find that my rear mounted blower causes me grief when blowing up a 10% grade in my park. Chains are not an option on my R-4 tires because of the lack of clearance between the fender well and inside tires....a friend with an atv that he uses for snow removal suggested tire studs.....I put carbide screw-in studs in the lugs @3 per = 180/ tire on all 4 tires.....yesterday we received 6" of snow!!!!! Great test day!!!!! Sure enough, the tractor stuck like glue going up hill while blowing snow!!!! So far, I highly recommend studs as a far cheaper alternative:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep shure works fine.
A buddy actually screwed in 1/4" self tapping sheet metal screws for the same results.
Worked fine for him.

In our province of Quebec studs are banned on all vehicles over 3000 lbs if driven on roads.
My friend got stopped with his TC 55 but talked himself out of the ticket.
They are afraid that they will need to resurface the pavement!
Go figure.

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #48  
Nice set up. I like the rear work lights. I've used my chains for the third snow today. I like 'em.

The work lights are Deere stock...came with the tractor and are pretty bright.

We had another snow yesterday...only about 3", but there had been another between the time I posted the pics and the latest snow so a total of about 5" on the drive. That previous snow had been a combination of snow, sleet and freezing rain (sleet and rain on top). I hadn't plowed that one.
Decent work out this time. I prefer to plow in the wee hours of the morning due to minimal traffic (except for the occasional snow plow). Those work lights really help and are a big improvement over the single lamp I had on the 790.
All in all, the 4400 has been a great machine and the reverser tranny (with 12 (!!!!) reverse speeds) has been great.

/ Welcome to the Snow Removal Forum! #49  
Thanks for the welcome, Jake98.
Piloon, apparently the Ontario Gov't has decided to allow tire studs once again as they did 50+ years ago. I'm not sure they do any damage to the roadways with snow coverage, they just allow for superior grip than rubber alone. Wouldn't chains have the same cause and effect on the road surfaces?