Welcome to Winston Salem NC!

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC!
Nobles Roosters

Been there.

If you haven't tried Fratellis Italian Steakhouse off Reynolda Road, go. I made the mistake of taking 10 people out for a business dinner at Morton's recently (only went because they were right across the street from the hotel in Virginia) and I actually prefered Fratellis more. If you ever come down 77, go to "21 on main", in Elkin. They'll surpise you. Smaller selection, but fresh and creative. Friday nights is fun with dinner and catching a band a the Reeves theater Home - Reeves Theater

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #12  
One of the problems with Dunkin is that they don't bake them right there in most of the stores. The fresh ones are pretty good. The ones that get transported around, not so much.

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #13  
Been there.

If you haven't tried Fratellis Italian Steakhouse off Reynolda Road, go. I made the mistake of taking 10 people out for a business dinner at Morton's recently (only went because they were right across the street from the hotel in Virginia) and I actually prefered Fratellis more. If you ever come down 77, go to "21 on main", in Elkin. They'll surpise you. Smaller selection, but fresh and creative. Friday nights is fun with dinner and catching a band a the Reeves theater Home - Reeves Theater

Thanks for sharing we will definitely try both places

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #14  
We used to take our granddaughter to The Cake Shop after school before going to her piano lesson. She lost interest in piano so we haven't been picking her up at school this year.

Love me some fresh Krispy Kremes but their coffee is awful.

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #16  
View attachment 588315

Piano lessons for my one boy in Winston Salem, took him to Jimmy Johns and then next door for a sweet tooth!

When they come off the line like this, they literally melt in your mouth.

I can remember my first KK in Charlotte about 30 years ago... Hot off the belt, 12 went into the box, and I ate every one... in about 10 minutes. Six are just a nibble...

We used to take our granddaughter to The Cake Shop after school before going to her piano lesson. She lost interest in piano so we haven't been picking her up at school this year.

Love me some fresh Krispy Kremes but their coffee is awful.

Generally after pianno lessons and perhaps Chic Fil a or Arby's, we'll go to Dewey's bake shop in the strip mall behind and to the right of the Bonefish (Thruway shopping center). Since we were at Jimmy John's and KK is literally 60' down the road, we walked LOL

If you have a wife who loves to cook, in the same shopping center is Southern Home and Kitchen. They have some great cookware for Christmas presents, and my other boy takes cooking lessons there in the summer.

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #18  
While down in Winston last Saturday afternoon saw the places you mentioned above but had very little time. Did get to see a friend who just took over managing the BMW dealership. Wife wanted to eat at Nobles so we did. Business 40 is a mess

Business 40 will be that way some time now (total cluster due to road overhaul). I'm in Yadkin county, and one office is in Greensboro. I just stay on I-40 now and don't even mess with business 40 back and forth to the Greensboro office now. Going business 40 east (from Yadkin) isn't to bad as you can still get off at the Knollwood exit in Winston, however, going west, as you probably know, the "route 52" exit is closed onto business 40.

Took me a long time (years) to figure out what people meant my "new 40" and "old 40" when I first moved here. Now they have the same thing going on in Greensboro with the bypass that they put up a few years ago over there.

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #20  
I used to travel in business a lot in the 70s and 80s and remember when business 40 was the only I40. The 52 exit is where we get off go south then west to go around. We come in on 158 from 220