Welcome to Winston Salem NC!

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #31  
18 years, the first 5 or so driving to Fayetteville WV every weekend from NC, and I always though that was Wytheville at I-81/I-77 intersection.
That's one if them, but if your going up 77 and then up 81 (post 21) then you wont go thru wytheville unless you take a wrong turn.

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC!
That's one if them, but if your going up 77 and then up 81 (post 21) then you wont go thru wytheville unless you take a wrong turn.

Going to WV I'd pick up 77 north (going south on 81) and going to dad's, 81 north directly from 77.

Thinking about it, I believe I see where I made my mistake. I just figured that stretch between 77 and 79 on 81 (and where I picked up 81 from 77) was Wytheville. For some dang reason, I don't ever really remembering seeing signs for Ft. Chiswell off I-77 or I-81, but always see them for Wytheville.

For those completely confused about what I'm rambling about or even care LOL

MAP.png

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #33  
I go thru there a good bit, usually stop for gas around wytheville, usually exit after where I77 goes north to WV. There's almost always a speed trap right below wytheville, lol.

Looked at retirement land once down in Hillsville FancyGap area.

I go thru there a good bit, usually stop for gas around wytheville, usually exit after where I77 goes north to WV. There's almost always a speed trap right below wytheville, lol.

Looked at retirement land once down in Hillsville FancyGap area.

On the way back from Pa with my dad couple weeks ago, used Waze for the first time. Really liking that App particularly with a 5 hour drive on I-81.

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #35  
On the way back from Pa with my dad couple weeks ago, used Waze for the first time. Really liking that App particularly with a 5 hour drive on I-81.
I use it all the time on 81.

I use it all the time on 81.

I feel so old. My 70 year old cousins were explaining it to me when they visted me and my dad in PA from Jersey, and I'm around a couple of decades younger than them.

Could never figure out ALL the spots they'd sit on 81 for that long of a drive LOL

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #37  
What is waze?

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #38  
What is waze?
GPS Navigation App for your phone, now owned by google. Lets people report location of obstacles in the road, like potholes, stranded vehicles, accidents, cops hiding...
Also does normal GPS reporting of speed, how long to get there, etc..
Been using it for years.

What is waze?

Check it out on your App if you have a smart phone.

Big thing is it's a good resource where the state troopers (or local county sheriffs) are sitting.

Pretty good App IMO for all the info it gives you per driving info.

/ Welcome to Winston Salem NC! #40  
Thank you all