Welding a Reese tube to a box blade

/ Welding a Reese tube to a box blade #1  

RadarTech

Elite Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota L3400, YANMAR YT359C
I’m looking at doing those to jockey trailers and not have to swap out to the 3PH Reese adapter.. thoughts?

/ Welding a Reese tube to a box blade #2  
I've seen this done. It works okay.

/ Welding a Reese tube to a box blade #4  
I’m looking at doing those to jockey trailers and not have to swap out to the 3PH Reese adapter.. thoughts?
Are you wondering how to mount it or asking if it's worth doing?

/ Welding a Reese tube to a box blade #5  
i did this to my BB so I could move small trailers & wood splitter around my place.
Probably way overkill, but I like to weld.

Attachments

• IMG_1241.png
    IMG_1241.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 195
Last edited:
   / Welding a Reese tube to a box blade #6  
i did this to my BB so I could move small trailers & wood splitter around my place.
Probably way overkill, but I like to weld.
That's the way to do it. I've seen where folks just welded them to the blade in back and ended up twisting things.

/ Welding a Reese tube to a box blade #7  
I have receivers added to box blades and regular blades. But I flush mount them on box blades.

/ Welding a Reese tube to a box blade #8  
IMG_0936.jpeg
IMG_0934.jpeg

Hitch was handy for moving lite trailers around. Welding extra supports and hitch also helps cheap box blades. Use hitch on box blade to store hitch crane. Don’t use the box blade much after the land plane.

/ Welding a Reese tube to a box blade #9  
Receivers on box blades can be handy for more than light trailers.

Running the rippers all the way down on both of these saves a fair amount of time, and it doesn't hurt that the little 7-footer in the back has its rippers right between the ones on the 8'.

Same with just spreading/leveling dirt...pulling both at once helps.
DSCN0702.JPG

/ Welding a Reese tube to a box blade #10  
Go for it. I got a clamp on one I clamp onto my bucket cutting edge for this which works quite well.