Welding a Reese tube to a box blade

/ Welding a Reese tube to a box blade #11  
Receivers on box blades can be handy for more than light trailers.

Running the rippers all the way down on both of these saves a fair amount of time, and it doesn't hurt that the little 7-footer in the back has its rippers right between the ones on the 8'.

Same with just spreading/leveling dirt...pulling both at once helps.View attachment 852979
Interesting rig, looks like it would take a bit of experimentation to get good with it. Any movement on the first gannon would change the angles on the second gannon which also has it own adjustment

/ Welding a Reese tube to a box blade #12  
Set everything out, look at it, think logically, then just kinda wing it. Who's to tell ya it's wrong? If it don't work, modify and Binford, can't go wrong.

/ Welding a Reese tube to a box blade #13  
Interesting rig, looks like it would take a bit of experimentation to get good with it. Any movement on the first gannon would change the angles on the second gannon which also has it own adjustment
Yeah, depends on how precise I want the result to be. Generally both are only used together for ripping and rough grading.

Basically I set the side angle to what it should be with the hydraulic side link, then adjust the first one with the 3-point and hydraulic top link. That leaves the second one at whatever height/angle it is, since only the axle height is adjustable.

If being picky, I could use a low, straight, or raised, pintle hook mount, but it's easier to use a 5-foot extension between the pintle and second box blade, making it less sensitive to the height of the pintle hook. That also helps a lot when pulling only the little one by itself.

Also, the second one can't really be lowered and used until the first one has established the correct side angle, since what the second blade cuts is the angle it'll keep creating, with the tires blindly following its own cut.

All this would be much simpler if the ground here was flat, but because of the irrigation ditches it is not. Fighting mounds (mini ridges, really) built up over decades by prairie dogs is what most of my grading is all about. It's a bit of work, but easier than trying to make water flow uphill.

/ Welding a Reese tube to a box blade #14  
I welded one on the cross beam for my SSQA. I just remove the bucket and put a ball mount on so what ever attachment is on the front or back I still have acess to it without putting something else on.

/ Welding a Reese tube to a box blade #15  
I have one box blade that has a 2" receiver welded into it but I really don't use it much. If I am pulling dirt I generally use just the box part, that I cut the 3 point off of.

4C325F69-6DF3-4A47-A003-DBFCD14C4144.jpeg

If I want to smooth it out, I use the 3 point part off that box that I converted into a land plane. I did weld and extra section of angle the back of it and mounted 2" ball.

261D048E-6DE5-4A85-9470-40AA96132AB7.jpeg

Its a lot more useful as its easy to see where I am at from the seat of the tractor, if I am just moving stuff around, I don't even need to get off the tractor. Certainly don't need to to ensure alignment.