Welding Table

/ Welding Table #12  
If I might make a suggestion for an improvement. If you had 2 more sizzor jacks, you could move one to each corner and use them to not only keep the table from rolling, but level it up also. Having the table perfectly level is handy when you are using it to fabricate on

/ Welding Table #13  
Dont forget to add that 4-6" work vise on one corner. Also handy as a 3rd arm is a piece of 3" angle iron welded to one side with the V shape to lay pipe or angle in for marking or welding. The angle holds not only pipe but angle iron also just perfect for working and marking. You can use that assortment of c clamps to clamp it down with when needed. Back when I worked in a fab shop, we would weld 1" angle about 3" long to both sides of the c clamp and that would hold it securely to the table angle and to pipe or structural steel.

/ Welding Table #14  
Good job!!! another nice touch is the top overhanging the edges of the frame. Makes a great place to clamp things to including the ground clamp.

/ Welding Table #16  
I bought my Millermatic 211 last year this time and like it a lot. I will b building a table sometime this year and like your design and implimentation. I think I would some open areas (holes) in my top, but the price was right for your tabletop!

/ Welding Table #17  
Funny I should find this topic in print now. Last week I built one out of scrap I had laying around. I got tired of 'someday' and tired of working on the floor. Had the legs already welded into a topless frame (auction find) that I cut down a bit in one side, and a piece of 1/8" plate laying next to a barn (mostly flat). And a new plasma cutter to help clean it up.

It ended up ~2 1/2' by 3'. I left it in a slightly 'L' shape so that there is an exposed place to leave a corner/joint exposed for welding. I am going to have to remember the angle iron welded on one side. Good idea. I haven't added a bar for hanging clamps on (yet), nor a hook for grinders. Haven't used it enough to figure out the 'right ' place.

It's small enough that I put fixed casters on the outside of the back legs and pieces of 3/4" emt for handles (slide into the sq tube frame). The other legs have a plate welded ot the bottom with a large bolt for a level adjustment. Not bad for a quick project -- but nothing nice like yours. I'm off of the floor though!

/ Welding Table #18  
Nice table will become very useful. Bought mine at garage sale 20 yrs. ago
3'x5' with vise went cheap nobody could move it.Good luck

/ Welding Table #19  
here is the one my friend has - its big

IMG00187.jpg

/ Welding Table
Added some side shields to the table I built last winter. Used 1/8 inch sheet for the sides and 1 1/2 and 1 inch angle for the attachment. They are HEAVY.

My shop is kind of tight on space and I didn't like the idea of welding spatter and grinder debris landing on everything around the table.

Incidentally, I used a Harbor Freight metal cutting circular saw blade to cut the sheet and it worked great.

Attachments

• IMG_2640.jpg
    IMG_2640.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 665