Welding Table

/ Welding Table #21  
Runner, very nice workmanship! Just curious what are the two rods at the bottom with what appears to be blue taped attached to it?

/ Welding Table
srs,

The rods are the ends of a pair of scissors jacks I mounted under the table to use for brakes. At the time I thought I needed them. Since then, I've found that the table (at over 500 lbs) is almost impossible to move, even when I want to, much less when I don't, so I really don't need them.

However, I DO need some type of levellers since my floor is a little uneven. That is a project for a future day I guess...

Attachments

• IMG_1786.jpg
    IMG_1786.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 299
   / Welding Table #24  
Nice tables.

I build these as teardown tables for transmission work etc. I use 1" x 2" x 14ga. rectangle tubing and a 3/16" top plate. The table is 40" off the floor and has a 60" x 30" top. The top slopes back and toward the center and drains waste fluids into a simple 5 gallon bucket. They are easy to manuver with the 4 locking casters. I build these with all new steel and new casters and sell them for about $400 ea.

TEARDOWNTABLE6.jpgTEARDOWNTABLE3.jpgTEARDOWNTABLE1.jpg

Last edited:
   / Welding Table #25  
Nice teardown table. I'd hafta have a rear splashboard so I wouldn't have to chase all the little parts that get away!!!