Mowing Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later..... and today it was my time

/ Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later..... and today it was my time #41  
Last week after mowing my lawn with my ZTR, I was in my house and I felt a sharp pain on my thigh. I quick pulled down my pants and there was a wasp that somehow had crawled up my pants leg while I was mowing. Oow! Fortunate that it did not make itself known a few inches over. LOL

/ Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later..... and today it was my time #42  
A friend of mine was mowing pasture with his open station tractor and got into the bumblebees but unfortunately he cannot run, having some serious leg probems. Had to endure the attack and try to drive the tractor back to the house. He made it to the drive and collapsed as he got off the tractor. His wife was off shoppping but decided she needed to get home. She found him propped up against the tractor tire but he was amost unconscious and unable to tell her what was wrong. She got on the phone to 911 and a neighbor heard it on the scanner and got down there to help. He was able to call in and let the emergency personnel on the way know what had happened. They got him to the emergency room in time and he came out of it OK. He has a cab tractor and now uses it exclusively when working in the field. Enough of those buggers can kill you. Be careful out there.

/ Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later..... and today it was my time #43  
I have run over several nests over the years while mowing my fields and every time they attack my black front end loader bucket which I keep up in the air so I can see under it . I have been allergic to be stings in the past so this black bucket has been a life saver for me . I'm not sure why they attack it , could be the heat off the bucket or the fact it is black . We have quite a few black bears in this area and they attack the bees nests , all I know is I wouldn't be without a black bucket . I just shut off the tractor and get off in a hurry and go back in hour or so and they will have left .

/ Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later..... and today it was my time #44  
Last week after mowing my lawn with my ZTR, I was in my house and I felt a sharp pain on my thigh. I quick pulled down my pants and there was a wasp that somehow had crawled up my pants leg while I was mowing. Oow! Fortunate that it did not make itself known a few inches over. LOL

"If the swelling doesn't subside in 4 hours, be sure to consult a doctor":D

/ Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later..... and today it was my time #45  
:laughing:
"If the swelling doesn't subside in 4 hours, be sure to consult a doctor":D
:thumbsup::thumbsup::laughing:

/ Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later..... and today it was my time #47  
One sting in the right spot with the right amount of toxin can kill you if you have an allergic reaction . There is no magic signal to tell you if you are having a reaction or not and just because it didn't happen last time doesn't mean it won't happen next time . I had less than 2 hrs. to make it to a doctor with one sting and I had been stung before this with no issues. My parents decided to take me to the doctor as the swelling was getting worse , he said in another 20 min. I would have died . I have been stung since then with no problems ,you just don't know .

/ Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later..... and today it was my time #48  
Wow...I didn't know just one sting, anytime, might cause that kind of problem. Good info.

/ Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later..... and today it was my time #49  
One sting in the right spot with the right amount of toxin can kill you if you have an allergic reaction . There is no magic signal to tell you if you are having a reaction or not and just because it didn't happen last time doesn't mean it won't happen next time . I had less than 2 hrs. to make it to a doctor with one sting and I had been stung before this with no issues. My parents decided to take me to the doctor as the swelling was getting worse , he said in another 20 min. I would have died . I have been stung since then with no problems ,you just don't know .

That is really interesting.
Was it the location of the sting that put you in jeopardy? Did you know you were allergic before that? Where were you stung?

/ Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later..... and today it was my time #50  
I am so glad I read this thread. I had some bush hogging to do today and chose the L4060 with the cab in place of the open station BX. I found a nest of yellow jackets. I backed up to help ventilate their nest. They were not happy at all. Thank God for the glass on that cab😃

Yep, every time I'm in my cab and the yellow jackets or hornets are buzzing around outside, it helps reinforce the decision to spend the extra money for the cab.

When I'm on my little BX23, I'm not nearly as cocky.