Well that was pretty dumb!

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #51  
I have lots! A few weeks ago I was putting fuel in my Massey and got it really, really full...like just enough room to get the cap on without spilling anything. It was pretty cold out, but I never thought about it. A week or so later I was pulling the steering cylinders off to take them to the hydraulic shop (both were leaking) and I found fuel running down the side of the engine, and drips all over the ground under the machine....everything was wet! I immediately started checking fuel lines, and trying to figure out where the fuel was coming from. I was thinking that there should be no way the tank had rusted through, but that I was going to have to take the hood, and side sheet metal off, etc, etc. Then I remembered fueling it and thought that maybe I had spilled some. Nope, I realized it was 25* warmer than when I had fueled it, and the fuel surged over the top of the neck, and poured all over the top of the tank, which is why it was leaking everywhere.

I know better, but wasn't thinking....luckily it was just some mess to clean up, and the machine is actually cleaner now after wiping up all that fuel! I felt really dumb, but at least nothing was damaged :)

Did that with my boat a few years ago, I topped it off real good before winter so no condensation could form:mur: That was great until the weather warmed up, I walked into the shop, and the floor was covered in gas , it was puking out the vent on the back of the boat, got lucky, no tragedy.

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #52  
I'm reviving a Zombie thread.
On Monday my New To Me tractor was delivered.
Kioti CK30 HST. A swell Cut tractor. An order of magnitude different than my namesake.
I turned a compost heap in 10 minutes that took 3 hours on the Ford.
Brought more compost raw material from the barn. Too quick.
Tractor say unused for 3 days due to rain.
Today I got to go do some work.
In the front field I pushed over a couple of trash trees.
Moved some wood around.
Noticed an old dead oak in the next field so I went over there.
Pushed the 24in oak over. Feeling pretty good now.
Backing out I got stuck in mud to the axles. Loader didn't have the power to raise the front end.
I was really stuck.
Embarrassed, I went to visit my neighbor who has bailed me out before with his Bobcat.
He came and pulled me out.
The top half of the Kioti is too clean. The bottom half is too dirty.View attachment 460503

I wish I had the photo, but it's almost identical to yours just add a mower to the back! A month after I got my new tractor I left it at my mom's so she could mow the pastures while I was gone camping. She mowed right into a sink hole and stuck the whole tractor up to the frame, front to back all the way to the frame! Lucky for her the field down the road was getting hay cut, so she asked for a pull. Unlucky for him our gates are 9' and he had to take the mower off to get through. I came home to find my brand new tractor covered in mud! Not only did I have to wash it but I also had to fix the ruts and hole she made, but I am glad I didn't have to retrieve it as well. She was also nice enough to show me the photo after I got back!

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #53  
00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000125_zpsubriwqrv.jpg

Been there, done that!

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #54  
Continuation.

Sunday I went to turn my wife's raised beds using the FEL. Got that done and went to scoop up a particularly nasty weed with enormous burrs that get caught in our dogs coats.
Jump off the tractor to find that my left front tire is flat and partially off the rim. Track it down to a broken valve stem. Now how did I manage to break a stem with that steel guard around it?
I have about 4 hours on the tractor now since I bought it.

Yes, as stated you can sometimes get out by using your FEL and "inch worm" out. Definitely still too wet to do any heavy work around here. And welcome to the forum. Did you buy from Paige?

Your valve stem probably got messed up when you got stuck in the muck.

Welcome to the world of tractors, where it's a continual process of exploring the boundaries of what you can, and can't do. :)