Well that was pretty dumb!

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #31  
I was mowing along the edge of my field and listening to music on my phone through head phones. I normally keep the phone in my pocket because I don't want it to get damaged and there isn't any reason or good place to put it that it would be safe. For some reason that I will never understand, I decided to rest it in my cup holder on the same side that the branches where on while cutting as close to the trees as I could get. A branch caught the wire from the ear phones to my phone and pulled the phone out of the cup holder and under my mower. I hit the clutch as fast as I could, but not fast enough to save my phone.

Eddie

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #32  
A branch caught the wire from the ear phones to my phone and pulled the phone out of the cup holder and under my mower. I hit the clutch as fast as I could, but not fast enough to save my phone.

Eddie

I've lost a couple water bottles like that...

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #33  
Bought a hot tub 60 miles away. Hooked up the utility trailer to go get it. Or so I thought. Must of got distracted (and didn't double check?) cause when I got there I saw that just the trailer hitch was sitting on the ball NOT LATCHED!
There but by the grace of God go thee.
Sure there was safety chains, but there's very little tongue eight on that trailer when empty. When I think about hitting all those road bumps /expansion joints at 60mph. Doh!!

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #34  
I was mowing along the edge of my field and listening to music on my phone through head phones. I normally keep the phone in my pocket because I don't want it to get damaged and there isn't any reason or good place to put it that it would be safe. For some reason that I will never understand, I decided to rest it in my cup holder on the same side that the branches where on while cutting as close to the trees as I could get. A branch caught the wire from the ear phones to my phone and pulled the phone out of the cup holder and under my mower. I hit the clutch as fast as I could, but not fast enough to save my phone.

Eddie

It is absolutely amazing how frequently something that looks to be in a perfectly secure place nestled in the open tool pocket/water bottle holder can just be gone. The one on the other side has a lid and it is a nice place to put cell phones, hearing aids, and other stuff you know you don't want to lose. I'm tellin ya, it is like my dad used to say when he saw a log chain nestled on the floor board of a neighbors tractor, "There is a lost chain" he would say.

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #35  
I loaded/hauled something wrong.

Last night was moving a few bits of furniture for my mother-in-law. Small utility trailer and 1" ratchet straps. A small table didn't make it to the destination. Must have vibrated/shimmied itself out from under its strap, which was still in place and secured. Possibly due to wadded up sheet under the strap used to prevent chafing on the table surface? Wadded up sheet caused too much play perhaps? I'll never know. I re-drove the route a bit later to look for it, but never saw any sign of it.

xtn

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #36  
Great story Mace glad you are here to share it.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #37  
Diesel in a gas engine and gas in a diesel engine. Done both. Now i have yellow containers for diesel and red ones for gasoline.

BTW, if you are driving in Europe and see the word "Gaz" on a pump, guess what it is?

/ Well that was pretty dumb!
Diesel in a gas engine and gas in a diesel engine. Done both. Now i have yellow containers for diesel and red ones for gasoline.

BTW, if you are driving in Europe and see the word "Gaz" on a pump, guess what it is?

Beer or wine, depending on the country.

:)

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #39  
Here is one of my dumb stunts from 5 years ago when I had a tractor.

Had been cutting trees, backed up to a juniper with two trunks, cut one, it fell on the ROPS. Could not drive out from under it, backed up, it stayed on the tractor.

P6120002.JPG

P6120006.JPG

Walked to the shed, got the TORO+Loader, with the brush fork on it.
P6120010.JPG

P6120015.JPG

Took it to the tree pile.

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #40  
Place that properly, and it could have been a cab.:p