Well that was pretty dumb!

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #42  
I'm reviving a Zombie thread.
On Monday my New To Me tractor was delivered.
Kioti CK30 HST. A swell Cut tractor. An order of magnitude different than my namesake.
I turned a compost heap in 10 minutes that took 3 hours on the Ford.
Brought more compost raw material from the barn. Too quick.
Tractor say unused for 3 days due to rain.
Today I got to go do some work.
In the front field I pushed over a couple of trash trees.
Moved some wood around.
Noticed an old dead oak in the next field so I went over there.
Pushed the 24in oak over. Feeling pretty good now.
Backing out I got stuck in mud to the axles. Loader didn't have the power to raise the front end.
I was really stuck.
Embarrassed, I went to visit my neighbor who has bailed me out before with his Bobcat.
He came and pulled me out.
The top half of the Kioti is too clean. The bottom half is too dirty. Kioti in Mud.jpg

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #43  
I had been cutting fire wood one day and was on my way back to the house, just about to go through a swag that crosses a dry branch. I suddenly get the bright idea to lower the FEL to scoop up some mud and muck from the road way, so I did. When I pulled to the side of the road and raised the bucket to dump the muck, I had a sick feeling in my gut when I remembered " YOU BIG DUMBIE" that's where your chainsaw and all other essentials are. I won't bore you will the whole list of stupid stunts, this is the most recent.

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #44  
I'm reviving a Zombie thread.
On Monday my New To Me tractor was delivered.
Kioti CK30 HST. A swell Cut tractor. An order of magnitude different than my namesake.
I turned a compost heap in 10 minutes that took 3 hours on the Ford.
Brought more compost raw material from the barn. Too quick.
Tractor say unused for 3 days due to rain.
Today I got to go do some work.
In the front field I pushed over a couple of trash trees.
Moved some wood around.
Noticed an old dead oak in the next field so I went over there.
Pushed the 24in oak over. Feeling pretty good now.
Backing out I got stuck in mud to the axles. Loader didn't have the power to raise the front end.
I was really stuck.
Embarrassed, I went to visit my neighbor who has bailed me out before with his Bobcat.
He came and pulled me out.
The top half of the Kioti is too clean. The bottom half is too dirty.View attachment 460503

Next time, try rolling the bucket all the way DOWN, then lift the front end with the arms. It puts the forces closer to the front axle.

Might have just pushed the blade and bucket into the muck, but it's worth the try. ;-)

BTDT ;-)

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #45  
Next time, try rolling the bucket all the way DOWN, then lift the front end with the arms. It puts the forces closer to the front axle.

Might have just pushed the blade and bucket into the muck, but it's worth the try. ;-)

BTDT ;-)

Or use the bucket to kinda row (pull) yourself forward (or backward), until you get yourself free.

That picture coulda been me on our Kubota.

So far, we have not needed any tows out of mud or snow.

I wish I could say that about our F350.

Congrats on your new CUT.
Thomas

/ Well that was pretty dumb!
Glad to see that my Dec. 2014 Dumbass Mistake of the Year thread is still living!

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #47  
Continuation.

Sunday I went to turn my wife's raised beds using the FEL. Got that done and went to scoop up a particularly nasty weed with enormous burrs that get caught in our dogs coats.
Jump off the tractor to find that my left front tire is flat and partially off the rim. Track it down to a broken valve stem. Now how did I manage to break a stem with that steel guard around it?
I have about 4 hours on the tractor now since I bought it.

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #48  
Continuation.

Sunday I went to turn my wife's raised beds using the FEL. Got that done and went to scoop up a particularly nasty weed with enormous burrs that get caught in our dogs coats.
Jump off the tractor to find that my left front tire is flat and partially off the rim. Track it down to a broken valve stem. Now how did I manage to break a stem with that steel guard around it?
I have about 4 hours on the tractor now since I bought it.

Think she's going to make a hundred hours? Sorry, can't help it...

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #49  
It's not looking good is it? Just wait, I plan on using it tomorrow. What can happen?

/ Well that was pretty dumb! #50  
I don't know however your making good time on getting all the oops off the list...