Well we did it! B2601 coming

/ Well we did it! B2601 coming #11  
You will be happy that you went to the B series. Even better that the wife was involved with the process so that when you need more attachments she can see the benefits of those purchases as well!!

/ Well we did it! B2601 coming
LOL.

We looked at one package that had a box blade and she said "I don't even know what a box blade is." I told her I'd find a video, because we will need on at some point. I slept in on Saturday when I got up she said "We need a box blade".

/ Well we did it! B2601 coming #13  
:thumbsup:
How much extra was the QA bucket option? I recently picked up a B3030 and have been looking at switching over to a QA setup. Wish it had it installed from the factory! Maybe it isn't too late to have it added.

I think it was only $400. more than the pin on bucket for the B2601.

/ Well we did it! B2601 coming #15  
I bought the same with QA and snowblower a few weeks ago. Have around 10 hours on it and have enjoyed very minute of moving dirt, mulch, brush,etc. Mrs. Was very supportive and also did the "no BX" when she saw the two of them together. Just waiting for OTC to finish designing a cab for this model and I'll be protected from the snow!

Attachments

• image-2016841955.jpg
    image-2016841955.jpg
    697.2 KB · Views: 5,267
   / Well we did it! B2601 coming #16  
I bought the same with QA and snowblower a few weeks ago. Have around 10 hours on it and have enjoyed very minute of moving dirt, mulch, brush,etc. Mrs. Was very supportive and also did the "no BX" when she saw the two of them together. Just waiting for OTC to finish designing a cab for this model and I'll be protected from the snow!

Looks good....the tractor is nice too! I love the large bucket. I move a lot of light weight material...brush and mulch, etc. I don't necessarily need more lifting strength, but more volume would help me out!

/ Well we did it! B2601 coming #17  

She looks WAY too happy on that thing. Are you sure you are going to get to drive it much? 😜

Nice. Tractor is ready. We're going after work to see and do paperwork. They'll deliver next week.

/ Well we did it! B2601 coming #19  
Congratulations on the new tractor. I was going to get that model myself but decided on the B2650 for just a bit more. Should be delivered next Friday.
Couple of points if there is anyway you can change to the SSQA before you finalize, I would. The biggest reason I decided to sell my old tractor and get a new model was for that feature. I had clamp on forks which work but they move easily, you can't see too well past the bucket, and it puts the lifting point pretty far out in front of you. My dealer was pretty easy to work with on changes etc so I would ask. If you can't get the SSQA, there is an adapter you can buy for that will work on this loader. It's Kubota PN B1658. This will give you a quick attach and you still use your existing bucket. The drawback with this system is the limited options for attachments.
Second point was on the insurance. Kubota insurance for mine was about $17/month and Allied insurance is $14/month. Allied was writing this as a separate policy and one thing it includes is liability insurance. I do take my machine off my property and plant some food plots where I deer hunt. If I were to damage something, I would have some coverage. My kubota dealer said he's pretty sure kubota insurance will only protect the machine. I haven't fully decided yet, but I'm leaning towards the allied insurance for that liability coverage.

Good luck with your new machine.

John

Thanks for the input, vacman. We signed papers Friday and it'll be delivered Tuesday. I'll look more at the QD options that I can add down the road if it looks like I'm really wanting to use the FEL for more than FEL. Not sure at this point if I'll ever need/want forks.

This is the first tractor I've ever owned so if that is the worst mistake I've made on this purchase I will feel fortunate.

We went with KTAC simply because we did not find another option. Again likely newbie issue. Our insurance companies we use for other purposes do not do tractor or "inland marine" policies that I've seen referenced to in some posts on this subject. In fact they said yes, we insure boats but what does that have to do with a tractor?