Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #41  
I went from a 47 HP Cat I to a 54 HP Cat II with no issues damaging implements. Don’t see how 7 add’l HP should make much difference other than the stoutness of the lower 3 pt arms. I do use adapters to reduce slop. Plus I‘m careful with my toys. 😆
Exactly what I was thinking. I've used some CAT 1 implements for yrs with Cat 2 machines. Operators tear stuff up not tractors.

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #42  
Hello Francis_Mulligan. See LouNY posts 18 and 32. There are 2 holes in the internal rod at the tractor end, and the threads at the impliment end are for fine adjust ment. I suggest you disconnect the tractor end and pull the end out to see exactly what you are dealing with. The end should just fall out.

This particular design is commonly used on the cat3 tractors. This is the first time I have seen it on a cat2 tractor.

I recommend that you disassemble the turnbuckle annually and clean and grease. It prevents hassle later.
Good luck

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit
Thanks for the replies. Sorry, I've been busy at work and doing my taxes (first year I had to file an extension due to the complicatedness of it) and such. I actually didn't think anyone replied until I reloaded the discussion on my computer.

I'll investigate further, but from what I've found so far is that only one end of the stabilizer is threaded. Also, there appears to be only one hole to insert the pin (why have a pin at all then?).

The stabilizers will not move any further than what is in the photo. It's almost as if to provide just micro adjustments.

I've also decided to just use my Delmorino funny top flail mower on my MF 2860M, and I'm in contact with a dealer to purchase a Delmorino Centurian Super Series flail mower which is cat 2 for use on the MF 4710.

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #44  
The pin keep it from changing length through vibration and use.

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit
I was thinking that too. Probably to provide more rigidity and stability.

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #46  
I hope you and others try to make Eurohooks usable from the tractor cabin.
Here is JD and we can move the lower arm with that link on right..
JOHN DEERE.jpg

Right arm is moving with the right lever.
Left arm is hold steady.
VETOVARSI112.jpg

Right arm is moving with the right lever.
VETOVARSI113.jpg

I was pending patent for these and my Universal quick hitches.
But it take 3 years in USA for inspecting patent papers and they wanted more papers and more money. So I stopped pending because I do not have much time time.
Now everybody and company can fabricate my ideas.
My idea was the back lever for hydraulic 3 point for Valmet 502 and Valmet 702.
After it game those push buttons at back fenders to every tractor.
MY Universal QH
UusiIHajoitusKuva51.jpg

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #47  
Thanks for the replies. Sorry, I've been busy at work and doing my taxes (first year I had to file an extension due to the complicatedness of it) and such. I actually didn't think anyone replied until I reloaded the discussion on my computer.

I'll investigate further, but from what I've found so far is that only one end of the stabilizer is threaded. Also, there appears to be only one hole to insert the pin (why have a pin at all then?).

The stabilizers will not move any further than what is in the photo. It's almost as if to provide just micro adjustments.

I've also decided to just use my Delmorino funny top flail mower on my MF 2860M, and I'm in contact with a dealer to purchase a Delmorino Centurian Super Series flail mower which is cat 2 for use on the MF 4710.
I bought a new Massey 4707 almost two years ago and ran into the same problem. I could barely get my 6 foot cutter to attach to the 3 point arms, and once I did, I tore up the drive shaft in just a couple of days. I went from 37hp to 70hp, and didn't realize my slip clutch wasn't slipping. I had so much more power that I never noticed there was a problem until it was too late.

I replaced the driveshaft and slip clutch with a brand new one, and ran it on my 65hp Deere 5065E without any issues. The Deere 3 point arms come a lot closer together and it was easy to install it.

I bought a new 12 foot batwing for the Massey, and it's pins are a lot wider apart, so it fits easily.

I'm in the process of building a counter weight for the Massey and bought a 3 point hitch to pour the concrete around. After reading this thread, I checked the width of the 3 point hitch and realized it's only 25 inches wide. The Massey arms are 33 inches wide. I can adjust that an inch or so either way, but I like having the threaded part screwed in about halfway. I cut the hitch and welded some angle iron to it so it's 4 inches wider on either side. I'll weld more onto it this weekend so I have plenty of metal to hold the concrete together before building the wood frame to pour the concrete into.

From what I've seen on my Massey, the arms do not come close enough together to fit a lot of Category 1 Implements. It is what it is.

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #48  
Thanks for the replies. Sorry, I've been busy at work and doing my taxes (first year I had to file an extension due to the complicatedness of it) and such.

Just curious - my understanding is even if you file for an extension, you still have to pay whatever taxes are due by 4/15.

How can you know what is due without completing the return?

Seems like a catch 22.

Or, are you fairly certain you will be getting a refund?

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #49  
You can get a 6 month extension for Fed taxes

willy

/ Went from a Category 1 to Category 2 tractor. Now attachments won't fit #50  
In 2009 I went from 26 Hp on my Ford 1700 to 62 Hp on my M6040 Kubota. All my Cat 1 implements fit fine on the new Kubota.

The major problem was - the Cat 1 implements were not heavy enough to do the job I wanted done. Weather on the Ford or Kubota - weight, or lack thereof, is still lack of weight.

So....I began the slow process of upgrading all my implements. I'm still considering if I really need a heavy dish harrow. The one I have - Land Pride DH1048 - is simply too light.