Western TV shows

/ Western TV shows #41  
The commercials on these old shows are pretty short. The Rifleman's are about a minute or less, not 3 or 4 minutes of commercials every 9 minutes. Heck, I'v seen some new shows lately that the commercials were 6 minutes long during the last half of the show.

/ Western TV shows #43  
The commercials on these old shows are pretty short. The Rifleman's are about a minute or less, not 3 or 4 minutes of commercials every 9 minutes. Heck, I'v seen some new shows lately that the commercials were 6 minutes long during the last half of the show.

You are so right about the commercials....It has gotten so bad that the Mrs. and I will record a show on DVR for 45 minutes and watch another and then go back to the show and be able to fast forward through the commercials..We almost never watch live TV anymore ..the commercials are just too long..

/ Western TV shows #44  
IMO...

The most interesting thing about watching those old 1/2 hour shows like the Rifleman are the writing credits...some very recognizable names come up that are not normally associated with just script writing...

as for commercials...as soon as an ad comes on I switch to the next channel that a commercial is not running on...I simply refuse to watch them...especially (auto insurance) commercials...

if GEICO and Progressive would put the billions they spend on advertising back into their infrastructure they could lower everyone's premiums by half I would guess...

the lack of intelligent content in both programming and on air advertising is directly indicative of our (America's) populous (and electorate)...and that is very scary to say the least...

Last edited:
   / Western TV shows #45  
Allen L., I watch the rifleman on local channel 52 in Dallas. Also have dish, and local channels like Dallas are free. Bird, can't agree with you on Festis, always liked to see Chester drag around hollering Mr. Dillon, Mr. Dillon....

/ Western TV shows #46  
Allen L., I watch the rifleman on local channel 52 in Dallas. Also have dish, and local channels like Dallas are free. Bird, can't agree with you on Festis, always liked to see Chester drag around hollering Mr. Dillon, Mr. Dillon....

Well, I was a fan of Chester's, too, but even more of the quarrels between Festus and Doc.:laughing:

/ Western TV shows #50  
Well, I was a fan of Chester's, too, but even more of the quarrels between Festus and Doc.:laughing:

The bickering between Festus and Doc was some of the best humor ever:thumbsup:Dave