What are these and where are they supposed to be?

/ What are these and where are they supposed to be? #41  
Yes. .. I mentioned several times I had tightened the Jam nuts. Which is why I am at a loss as to how one of them could turn lose at all. And it also then came off as well.

Clearly it did come loose and did then turn its way off.

In fact I had to loosen those to even adjust the turnbuckles. There was then a discussion from someone about even locktighing those but the need for being able to loosen them in the future came up. Then I asked if anyone thought there might be an advantage to doubling them up. One on each side. But no ones ventured a opinion on that.

They are M14 with 2.0 pitch by the way.

There might be some gain to double nutting. But when you think about it, the jam nut is already double nutting the turnbuckle. So, if you add another, you will be triple nutting. I think to avoid the issue you simply have to tighten the jam nut wayyyyy tighter than you would think is necessary.

Brush cutters or mowers of any kind put a lot of vibration on the 3pt system. Things will come loose that appear to be tight. I even check the bolts that hold the gearbox to the cutter frame periodically.

A good Farm/Home store would have the nuts you need. If not, any brand tractor dealership should, but they'll be expensive there.

/ What are these and where are they supposed to be? #42  
The Bobcat system works very well for me, only have to remember to re-pin it after attaching the attachments!

/ What are these and where are they supposed to be? #43  
The Bobcat system works very well for me, only have to remember to re-pin it after attaching the attachments!

Yeah, that's the hard part........ :ashamed:

/ What are these and where are they supposed to be? #44  
Yup, especially as we get older!

/ What are these and where are they supposed to be? #45  
Yup, especially as we get older!

I find hitch pins, clips, clevis, etc. laying in the driveway and immediately wonder who the He** left that laying there!!!!! Found a hitch pin laying on the 3pt bale stabber yesterday???? ;)

/ What are these and where are they supposed to be? #46  
LOL
I'm lucky to ever find anything.....
I NEVER find anything I'm looking for!

/ What are these and where are they supposed to be?
There might be some gain to double nutting. But when you think about it, the jam nut is already double nutting the turnbuckle. So, if you add another, you will be triple nutting. I think to avoid the issue you simply have to tighten the jam nut wayyyyy tighter than you would think is necessary.

Brush cutters or mowers of any kind put a lot of vibration on the 3pt system. Things will come loose that appear to be tight. I even check the bolts that hold the gearbox to the cutter frame periodically.

A good Farm/Home store would have the nuts you need. If not, any brand tractor dealership should, but they'll be expensive there.

Yes... talking to the dealer today he says you do indeed need to really REALLY get everything tight. So tight he says the tractor will move rather than the implement. So I surely did not get it tight enough.

The problem with the second nut on the other side is that it would be reverse thread. Thats a problem finding one. Its a M14 but yet where would one find a reverse thread easily?

And we discussed changing it to Pin type. He says earlier model Koiti had pins. He says he has several older ones on the lot and he can get the parts. All we have to do is to make that U shaped bracket and either bolt it on or weld it on. That exists on the older lift arms. We both think its a cost savings move to drop that system. He says it should be real easy and is working on getting the stuff. Ive got to go over there tomorrow and pick up the missing turnbuckle and nut so I can get by in the mean time.

/ What are these and where are they supposed to be? #48  
Was there any sort of apology or at least admission of culpability towards the lost parts and lack of proper assembly?

/ What are these and where are they supposed to be? #49  
Yes... talking to the dealer today he says you do indeed need to really REALLY get everything tight. So tight he says the tractor will move rather than the implement. So I surely did not get it tight enough.

The problem with the second nut on the other side is that it would be reverse thread. Thats a problem finding one. Its a M14 but yet where would one find a reverse thread easily?

And we discussed changing it to Pin type. He says earlier model Koiti had pins. He says he has several older ones on the lot and he can get the parts. All we have to do is to make that U shaped bracket and either bolt it on or weld it on. That exists on the older lift arms. We both think its a cost savings move to drop that system. He says it should be real easy and is working on getting the stuff. Ive got to go over there tomorrow and pick up the missing turnbuckle and nut so I can get by in the mean time.

Sounds good. Post up some pics when you get it converted!!!! :)

/ What are these and where are they supposed to be?
Was there any sort of apology or at least admission of culpability towards the lost parts and lack of proper assembly?

Yes. I guess Ill get more of that tomorrow too. They are just dumfounded how it could have happened. I know and you know. Someone got half way done and got called off on another crisis... then another person charged with loading it up for delivery didn't know it was't completely finished and loaded it on up. Then it got delivered "assuming" it had been completed by the owner himself. And I didn't notice it either. Was more interested in going over the operations of the tractor itself etc. Not implements. They agree with me that someone got interrupted and someone then dropped the ball and assumed some things that should not have been. This is a real busy place. Busy dealer. Lots of people dropping in to talk... etc...

Ill take a few pictures of the older tractors with the pin set up on that he has. And perhaps take a few measurements of that U channel I need in order to maybe get a jump on fabrication. It might be good info to have. Im leaning towards bolting it on the existing hole anyway. Thinking about it anyway.