what baler would you take??

/ what baler would you take?? #11  
the vermeer looks old and im not sure about parts for that age u could look for a scrap one for parts.and the gehl ohh do get me started worse balers out the for getting the rolles started and parts aswell also the pick up wont pick up wet grass silage and can jam the baler

/ what baler would you take??
OK thanks like I said I'll just be trading a truck for this stuff and I won't be using it to make a living with just some thing for my wife and I to play around with!

/ what baler would you take?? #13  
between the 2 i would try the vermeer.the gehl is going to be hard to get parts for.

between the 2 i would try the vermeer.the gehl is going to be hard to get parts for.

OK sounds like I'm going with the Vermeer thank you unless I get there and its a total pos.

/ what baler would you take?? #15  
My uncle bought a Vermeer like the one in the picture. The guy told him he had been baling with it for the last 10 years & never had a problem. He took it home & had to work on it every bale. It kept clogging up & the belts/chains coming off or chains breaking. He spent about $500 on parts & it took about 30 minutes of working on it in the field for every bale it made. He finally sold it for scrap iron & bought a newer one. Lok it over good if you're serious & maybe even have him roll a few to see how it works if at all possible. Someone said that it was top of the line in its day but that day may have already come & gone.

Hmm not getting very good reviews on these balers lol maybe I should hold on to my truck

Its a 1995 Chevy Silverado reg. Cab long bed 4x4 drive train is great but it has spent ten years in a coal mine so the body is rusted like crazy. I think it would be an even trade money wise. I was just want sum in put on the balers and what to look for. I more than likely will trade I don't need the truck any more and it just sits out wasting away! Just wanted to know what one was better! Thanks!

Went and looked at the balers and a moco today all very good shape the gehl looks nicer than the Vermeer but all I've hear is how bad they are so guess I'll go with the Vermeer that's for the input!

/ what baler would you take?? #20  
vermeer is alot better choice than the gehl!

hope ya have fun and good luck!!!