what battery do you have in your ck3510se?

/ what battery do you have in your ck3510se? #1  

NYCheese

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510se hst TLB
My tractor came with an Interstate battery when I bought it in 2018. The battery did not survive the cold this winter, and won't hold much of a charge anymore. Need a new one, just curious to hear what others are using, I'm in upstate NY, where winters are below freezing for long stretches at a time. Would like to get something that will last more than a couple years here.

Thanks.

/ what battery do you have in your ck3510se? #2  
I don’t have a Kioti, but I have a MF 1545 tractor and an ASV skidsteer. I think both batteries are easily 8+ years old and that I got them at Tractor Supply. Can’t remember the brand (and too cold to walk outside).

Interstate is a good brand in my opinion. It’s possible that the battery that came with yours just had something wrong with it for some reason.

I do charge mine up before winter as a precaution, and sometimes during the winter. I use a Noco Genius charger; well worth the money.

May want to check your battery voltage while running too just in case it’s not charging your battery properly.

I’m up in the Syracuse area.

/ what battery do you have in your ck3510se?
May want to check your battery voltage while running too just in case it’s not charging your battery properly.

I’m up in the Syracuse area.

First thing I did. Get about 13.7v with it running (13.8 after it ran for an hour). Let it sit for 3 days, and was too dead to start again, but battery does still read 12v with a multimeter. I'm taking it to an interstate dealer tomorrow to have it tested. I've always trusted interstate myself, and never had one fail this quickly....of course it is just past the 2yr interstate warranty.

/ what battery do you have in your ck3510se? #4  
Mine is a 2018 CK4010SE and came with an Interstate Lead Acid battery. So far mine is still going strong. Weather can be tough on battery life and extreme heat or extreme cold often reduces battery longevity. Sometimes you can coax a seemingly dead battery back to life with a smart trickle charger. I have done that several times. Don't forget to check your tractor charging system is operating correctly.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W3QT226/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_2Q1W38J8XBB9VPPQYN43

In general, I have had better much better success with Interstate AGM batteries, than with their Lead Acid batteries. Lead acid typically won't survive a 50% voltage drawdown on the battery. It takes a lot of effort to recover from that drop in voltage.

Last edited:
   / what battery do you have in your ck3510se? #5  
I bought my CK3510 from a dealer that also sells big Case IH ag equipment. It came with a Case IH branded battery. So far so good through one and a half Michigan winters.

/ what battery do you have in your ck3510se? #6  
I have an Interstate flooded battery in my 2012 CK35. Battery is original. Have a 2007 no name battery in my JD318. Four tractors, truck, summer car, generator, trolling motor, and a couple large gells, all floating on $5 Harbor Freight floats when not in use. Knock on wood, I haven't had any premature failures. The key is to always keep a lead acid battery fully charged.

/ what battery do you have in your ck3510se? #7  
I bought my CK3510 from a dealer that also sells big Case IH ag equipment. It came with a Case IH branded battery. So far so good through one and a half Michigan winters.

That would be an Exide battery.

/ what battery do you have in your ck3510se? #8  
My tractor came with an Interstate battery when I bought it in 2018. The battery did not survive the cold this winter, and won't hold much of a charge anymore. Need a new one, just curious to hear what others are using, I'm in upstate NY, where winters are below freezing for long stretches at a time. Would like to get something that will last more than a couple years here.

Thanks.

For those who think Interstate batteries are the best,...... they must be, because they cost more,...right?
Here is the widely touted Interstate Battery, described in the post above.....TWO YEAR LIFE!
Just outside the replacement warranty period, of course!
Similar issue for me.
I'll never again pay the inflated price for an Interstate battery!

Walmart Everstart Maxx ....best bang for the buck (Johnson Controls) battery deal in town!

Last edited:
   / what battery do you have in your ck3510se? #9  
Replaced my original battery in 2015 with a NAPA Legend "75XDT800" battery; all still good and it gets chilly during Maine winters

/ what battery do you have in your ck3510se? #10  
I've been using interstates in my tractors. I'm not sure they last longer but they've been real good at replacing them under warranty.