What did I find on the farm?

/ What did I find on the farm? #31  
One of the more dangerous things I found on the farm.
20230202_104639 - Copy.jpg

/ What did I find on the farm? #34  
I also found a dangerous barn. Extremely Haunted. Never believed in that stuff until last year when I pulled a few boards off the barn. Things started happening that day. Now, I'm a believer.:oops:
20230902_171039.jpg

/ What did I find on the farm? #36  
I have my grandfathers old battery operated radio, I've never tried a battery in it to see if it works.

/ What did I find on the farm? #37  
I have my grandfathers old battery operated radio, I've never tried a battery in it to see if it works.
I put a battery in my old battery operated radio last year. It didn't work. :(
Of course mine just took a 9volt battery. :D

/ What did I find on the farm? #38  
For the OP, it's a sickle guard as others have stated. It could be from a mower, but combine and swather headers use them as well, even more modern ones.

I have most of a NH square baler in my tree row at my new place. I also brought some yard art with us including a really old plow and planter. I have an old grain drill at the family farm I want to bring out as well. :D

/ What did I find on the farm? #39  
One of the more dangerous things I found on the farm.View attachment 854896
I couldn't tell what it was on my phone. We have a couple of those on the farm that we put concrete covers on, but the real danger are the old oil wells from the late 1890s that you might not know are there. There were a few flat spots out in the woods we just never went on, one had an open hole, but was on the neighbors property.

/ What did I find on the farm? #40  
I couldn't tell what it was on my phone. We have a couple of those on the farm that we put concrete covers on, but the real danger are the old oil wells from the late 1890s that you might not know are there. There were a few flat spots out in the woods we just never went on, one had an open hole, but was on the neighbors property.
An uncovered well is pretty dangerous. I immediately went and got a piece of 3/4" treated plywood and covered it. Its only about 100' from the old haunted barn. I know there is an old,old house foundation there hiding somewhere. I was looking for the old house when I found the well.