What Did I Purchase?

/ What Did I Purchase?
That's a nice a deal. I would expect to be a lot more money for what you have there.

Looking forward to see more progress on this implement. (y)
Thank you, fellow.
The profiles are the residuals from the old products the company fabricated some time ago. They are happy they found a client for that.
OTOH this mech-shop is a good friend of mine. They participated in my tractor dump bucket project.

/ What Did I Purchase? #72  
Thank you, fellow.
The profiles are the residuals from the old products the company fabricated some time ago. They are happy they found a client for that.
OTOH this mech-shop is a good friend of mine. They participated in my tractor dump bucket project.
Drops are awesome and often can be found at a very good price.

I have a steel supplier close by that also sells drops from round stock, flat bar, etc from all types of grades of steel. Last time I went there for the loader project, I paid €50 and got a bunch of drops.

Here is a picture of what I got. From 100 mm in diameter, down to 20 mm. All kinds of grades, some pre hardened stuff as well.

IMG_20190531_145405.jpg

/ What Did I Purchase?
Drops are awesome and often can be found at a very good price.

I have a steel supplier close by that also sells drops from round stock, flat bar, etc from all types of grades of steel. Last time I went there for the loader project, I paid €50 and got a bunch of drops.

Here is a picture of what I got. From 100 mm in diameter, down to 20 mm. All kinds of grades, some pre hardened stuff as well.

View attachment 730738
You have a lathe if I remember. These cheap drops of different grade steel are invaluable for you.

/ What Did I Purchase?
The '70s B7000 I had did too. However the set screws would come slightly use and the wheels would just wobble quite a bit. Mostly due to wear on the shaft and hub. Who knows hour many hours that thing had before I bought it 22 years ago.
I took into consideration your remark and did the job you were talking about. Yes, the springs were completely pressed down. All four bolts were sitting too deep in the hubs, so I decided to make them longer by welding up their tips.

Here's how I did it.

20220409_145056.jpg

20220409_144928.jpg

20220409_170530.jpg

20220409_172944.jpg

20220411_141529.jpg

20220411_145558.jpg

/ What Did I Purchase? #75  
I took into consideration your remark and did the job you were talking about. Yes, the springs were completely pressed down. All four bolts were sitting too deep in the hubs, so I decided to make them longer by welding up their tips.

Here's how I did it.

View attachment 742713

View attachment 742714

View attachment 742715

View attachment 742716

View attachment 742717

View attachment 742718
Great job! That definitely does the trick and should keep it tight for some time. The bolts do get loose over time, it's the nature of it. My tractor was like that too, probably with more wear since it was a much older tractor.

/ What Did I Purchase? #76  
It is a very interesting tractor, I like it. It should be a fun little project for you, and it should be fun for little projects.

/ What Did I Purchase?
It is a very interesting tractor, I like it. It should be a fun little project for you, and it should be fun for little projects.
Taking advantage of the fact that you asked me, I will answer.
When my wife is doing small jobs (flowers, bushes, gardens ...) and asks me to bring something with a tractor, till a small area of land, mow small grass, etc., I often answer her, let's wait for accumulation of more jobs to do. Then I'll start a tractor (big one) and we'll do it all at once. She doesn't like such approach.
But after the discussion, I realized that when she does something, she wants the work to start and finish. Postponed work often loses motivation or even an idea. It often happens that she doesn’t even start doing anything where tractor is needed just because she knows what I’ll answer.
Yes, that’s why we decided to buy this little tractor, which she could drive herself if necessary. At least one of the reasons.

/ What Did I Purchase? #78  
But right after I've sent a pm to the dealer who sold me a tractor, I've got a call that they have the required seals on stock.
Imagine that. The dealer sells you a tractor with leaking seals and just so happens to have those exact seals in stock.

/ What Did I Purchase?
Imagine that. The dealer sells you a tractor with leaking seals and just so happens to have those exact seals in stock.

Thank you for posting this nice video. :LOL:(y)

Usually I am somebody's fault finder :devilish:. I also often fight for consumer rights 🕵️‍♂️. This time, however, I am not in the fight for the seal leakage with them. The company that sold me the tractor provided me a discount, plus supplied me a 3 pt hitch set and a front ballast for free. I researched that this tractor was parked at the open air for a long time. At the time of purchase, not even a drop of oil was visible under it. The same was even after I brought it to my ranch. Leaking seals could mean it occurred due to the effects of the atmosphere. It has happened since I started using a tractor.

And the fact that they have parts on stock, as I wrote earlier, apparently is due to their knowledge what kind of parts they need to have for grey market tractors.

/ What Did I Purchase? #80  
Thank you for posting this nice video. :LOL:(y)
It made me think of that character when you told me about the leaking seal story 😄

I also often fight for consumer rights 🕵️‍♂️.
Same here. That's one of my biggest passions. I always try to pass along information to help other consumers whenever I can.