What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,461  
Welcome to TBN! You can change the info on the left by going to your profile. Simply click on your name anywhere you see it.

As far as the hood goes, try some spay lube on the lock. I find that a quick spray of lithium grease helps with these latches.

Photos of the mods for sure!

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,462  
I had a several incidents where a limb would slap me in the face finally a bad one put two teeth through my lip.

to prevent this from happening again the "Limb Deflector".

Limbs will slide up to the curve and and out past my head.

Attachments

• 20230801_102628.jpg
    20230801_102628.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 79
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,463  
I'm new here, I haven't figured out how to show any details on the left. I have a 2021 LS 240MTE.

I have been having trouble opening the hood, you have to push down "hard" and press in the release button "hard" wiggle it and hope it pops up. Arthritis in my left thumb does not help.

Today I installed the rubber tie downs like those you see on some Jeep hoods or muscle cars. One on each side of the front of the hood. Works great.

Other mods. Back up camera, grill guard, Pat's quick attachment and limb deflectors.
A little spray lube definitely helps especially during cold winter months. I usually open the hood to make sure there isn’t any snow sitting near the latching mechanism before putting the tractor away after plowing my yard.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,464  
I've been wanting to install a horn for quite some time, today was the day.
Dropped the grapple, and into the garage to figure things out.
First thing was to prop the loader out of the way, this worked really well.
Loader_Brace.jpg

Looking inside the hood, there is a nice strong bracket that the latch mechanism mounts too, and surprisingly there is a standoff with open M8-1.25 threads right there!
Horn_Bracket.jpg

Perfect spot to mount the horn. The wiring just followed the factory light wiring up the hood and down to the dash access panel.
Horn_Bracket_Mounted.jpg

I have a switched fuse block installed, so I wired into that, and all my accessories have quick disconnects on them.
Fuse_Box.jpg

Mounted the Carling L-Series momentary switch so everything matches the factory switches. LED light switches on the right.
Switches.jpg

Really like this horn, put the same one on my SxS

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,465  
I didn't realize these tractors didn't come with a factory horn. Mine has one. :unsure:

The only time I really use it is to get the dogs attention. Nice write up!

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,466  
We mark a fair amount of things that need attention with flags, and I needed a decent space to store them. Blue=holes to fill, green=stuff to grind, red=ants to kill, white=anything else to grab our attention.
I also often need a little trash/parts bucket, and I had been struggling with where to locate both until this just worked itself out.
I have a sawhaul that works great, but I don't often carry a saw, so while not in use, it holds flags and a bucket just right.

Used 3/4 PCV and a few couplings, 1 so the PVC doesn't fall through the bracket, and the second just to raise it to the correct height and finish it off.

The flat back bucket is from Tractor Supply, https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/fortiflex-flat-back-bucket-2-gal-capacity-sapphire-blue
I put a piece of rubber on the tractor behind the flat bucket, as it bounces around a bit and could scratch the paint.
I've been running like this for a little while now and it has worked out very good.
Flag_Bucket1.jpg

Flag_Bucket2.jpg

Last edited:
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,467  
I didn't realize these tractors didn't come with a factory horn. Mine has one. :unsure:

Same here, Dogs, Wife and Neighbors, in that order lol

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,468  

I have a 573 and I couldn't believe there was no horn. It has about everything else imaginable, but no horn.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,469  
I am also surprised your tractor didn’t come from the factory equipped with a horn, guess I just assumed all the new tractors came equipped with horn. Looks like yours has a pretty decent grill guard , was that factory equipped ?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,470  
I am also surprised your tractor didn’t come from the factory equipped with a horn, guess I just assumed all the new tractors came equipped with horn. Looks like yours has a pretty decent grill guard , was that factory equipped ?
The main grill guard frame was factory, the expanded metal was added to it along with the clevis mount.