What did you do with your Power Trac today?

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #392  
Congrats! Looks awesome.
Rented a stump grinder with those teeth. Thought they worked well.

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #393  
I picked up a very used Ditch Witch stump grinder for my 1430. I was surprised at how good it works. It uses the cutter hydraulics to divert to a right and left swing controled by an electric toggle switch on the dash. It was missing some teeth but had to try it out. Ebay order going in for imitation Greenteeth.
Nice!

FWIW: My sweeper also came with a flow diverted like that for L/R. I looked at it and just made up longer hoses to get to the PT PTO, and a small set to go to the Q/A latch hydraulics. It works well for me, and it gets rid of the HP losses going through the diverted assembly.

Those teeth look very effective.

All the best,

Peter

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #394  
Rolling joists on the deck project. PT doing the heavy lifting for me.

20230902_123736.jpg

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #395  
A friend of mine said he covered the top of his deck joists with plastic before putting the deck boards down and claims it extended their life expectancy. I'm not so sure about using plastic, but I've wondered if there is any coating that would help with that.

Looks like very high quality work you're doing.

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #396  
A friend of mine said he covered the top of his deck joists with plastic before putting the deck boards down and claims it extended their life expectancy. I'm not so sure about using plastic, but I've wondered if there is any coating that would help with that.

Looks like very high quality work you're doing.
We used butyl tape, I think similar to what @PowerTracManiac has on his header board on the house.

I think that the use of sealing tape should be required for decks. The butyl rubber seals the screw or nail penetrations and help keeps the joist from rotting (as fast). It also keeps any standing water from standing on the joist.

@PowerTracManiac is there flashing behind the siding that will keep ponded deck water from getting behind your siding? I had my new decking pulled away from the house by 1/2" or so specifically to keep water away from the house. (We had an area on the old deck that was prone to getting leaves accumulating after storms that over time rotted both our old deck and the house siding.)

I use the PT to do the same thing all the time when I build fences; it speeds the work up so much as I can just move the lumber stack along as I need it, minimizing steps and manual lifting.

All the best,

Peter

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #397  
Appreciate the compliment on the work.
I do have the butyl tape on the ledger board and up the house flashing. When the house was built I first ran very wide flashing across the back of the house before the deck ledger/siding was installed. I knew I was going to build the deck later and having the ledger installed prior to siding was very helpful. I just put a temporary 2by6 on top of the ledger and then the siding guys went from the top of that temporary board up. Won't have any water intrusion issues.
I couldn't do this project alone without the PT. Moving the concrete and lumber around the jobsite would have been too much work and time for me. With the machine the material is close by and I am able slide the joists over the main beam and place them by myself.
Taking the day off today and watching some US Open.
Have a great weekend everyone!

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #398  
One thing I regret not doing was putting a roof over our deck because it would have extended the life of the deck and been more comfortable to use.

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #399  
One thing I regret not doing was putting a roof over our deck because it would have extended the life of the deck and been more comfortable to use.
A lot of that depends on what you want to use the deck for. My wife likes to sit in the sun. I like the shade. We compromised with several beach umbrellas. :ROFLMAO:

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #400  
Deck coming along nicely.
Working on Hot Tub area. Had some extra stone and PT1460 is doing what it does best-moving material.
Can't complain about working in 100 degree heat if I am getting ready for fall/winter to get into 100 degree water. haha
20230907_152932.jpg