What do you drive for a truck?

/ What do you drive for a truck? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I'm typical rural and need a new truck. I tow a little, get groceries at times and do rural stuff with it. It stays pretty clean.

What do you drive?
And what do you do with it?

/ What do you drive for a truck? #2  
Personal truck is 2018 Colorado. I use it for running around, hunting, fishing, and pulling my small dump trailer. Cab is used for spare clothes, guns, dog (when I had one) and anything else I want to be secure and dry. The bed is used for chainsaws and other tools, tools, firewood, snowsled, wet dog, and anything else.
Company truck is a 2021(?) Tundra, used to go into the woods for work. The biggest thing I haul is an ATV or snowsled.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #3  
I'm too cheap to buy relatively new, like having no payments.

We have a 2006 f150 with 330k+ miles on it. Runs great, just old. It's basically retired to on the road runs, no hard driving.

Also have a 2008 f350 with everything under the hood new. Turbos, fuel pumps, engine, heads, bulletproofed,etc

Crappy mileage but trucks runs great. Use it to tow the mini, tractor, gravel...whatever...

Wife found it and what we paid for it, I couldn't get 3/4 of what was done to it done

/ What do you drive for a truck? #4  
I’ve got a Tacoma, 250, and an 800…my favorite is probably the 800 but end up driving the 250 the most for day to day chores.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #5  
I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra which runs great Only 128k miles. I used the 2002 to pull my trailer and tractor in some rolling hills and did a great job. Has a #7k towing capacity....

and a 2018 Toyota Tundra that I just bought used with 94k miles. Haven't towed anything with it just yet. Thinking about selling the older truck but I'm not sure.

I really like them both but I know i will need to wrench on the older one soon if I keep it.

1710375554193.png

1710375737003.png

Last edited:
   / What do you drive for a truck? #7  
2006 ram 3500 dually 6spd cummins with a work bed.

Mainly sits in the barn and we use mini Van's for everything.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #8  
I have a 2018 Tundra as well that I've had since it was new. I had to special order it as no Toyota dealer stocks long beds around here. I do everything with it from a daily driver to get me to work to towing a 30ft RV. I have kicked around the idea of getting a beater compact car for the tasks around town and saving the miles on the pickup.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #9  
Daily driver is a 2017 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax 4X4 with 58,000 miles. It usually tows the smaller trailers with mowers and the smaller TC40DA tractor, plus running errands. For towing the bigger trailers and WM75 tractor I use the 2024 GMC 3500HD Denali Duramax 4X4 with 1,600 miles. Now that I am retired there won't be many miles put on either. If we travel, we take the wife's 2024 Cadillac XT6 SUV.