What do you drive for a truck?

/ What do you drive for a truck?
A little money into it and that truck will be an absolute gem; excellent find!
And when you find something like this, you pay it backwards. The retired farmer had this truck for 20 years and now has trouble getting around. He loved the truck so I'll pick him up in it and we'll make the rounds of tractor dealers, local farms and such. He would love that.

For those who stumble into stuff, it's divine intervention so you pay something backwards and maybe a little forward. It all works out.

That's an excellent outlook, and your neighbor I am sure will enjoy the outings.
Yes, he is good man and a team player. Evan as he had trouble getting around and other things, he showed up in support at tractor drives, had other people drive his classics and always came to lunches and such. It sounds funny but I'm proud to be in the company of such fine people and even now there is lots to emulate.

Last edited:
   / What do you drive for a truck? #354  
My "Farm Truck" a 1993 OBS style Chevy Silverado c2500, automatic, ext cab, 6.5 ft bed, high rise canopy, Z71 package (towing, suspension for campers, I think), 2wd, 350 cid, ... 179,000 kms, new 10 ply All Terrain Tires. Had it for 8 years, paid $2500 Cdn. Ised for everything, daily driver. I love it.

It is LOUSY in Winter, and TOO OLD for lengthy Road Trips (2-3 hrs trips are fine, 10 hr trips only if necessary), but it is good on fuel, and excellent for 3 seasons. I only wish that it was a 4wd (as we get snow here). Very reliable otherwise.

1713583634662.png

/ What do you drive for a truck? #355  
Until now I had never heard of a 2WD Z71.

My "Farm Truck" a 1993 OBS style Chevy Silverado c2500, automatic, ext cab, 6.5 ft bed, high rise canopy, Z71 package (towing, suspension for campers, I think), 2wd, 350 cid, ... 179,000 kms, new 10 ply All Terrain Tires. Had it for 8 years, paid $2500 Cdn. Ised for everything, daily driver. I love it.

It is LOUSY in Winter, and TOO OLD for lengthy Road Trips (2-3 hrs trips are fine, 10 hr trips only if necessary), but it is good on fuel, and excellent for 3 seasons. I only wish that it was a 4wd (as we get snow here). Very reliable otherwise.

View attachment 863344
Just as well you can't drive in the winter. Keep the salt off a nice truck.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #357  
All I know is after 4+ years of driving a Ram/Cummins, I still get a “thrill up my leg” every time I drive it. Never owned a truck that made me so happy to own.

1713616098829.jpeg

”No Joke, folks”

Last edited:
   / What do you drive for a truck? #359  
I'm the OP and here's an update. I split things and bought both a car AND a sweet, used Ford diesel pickup. I could never find one. ❤️

Fate found me a '97 F250 Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke diesel from a retiring neighbor. 160,000 and it purrs like a kitten. Good tires, clean interior and good looking. It sat in a heated barn for a few years so it needs some work.

Back brakes and drums, etc are NG as are the rubber brake hoses and some brake lines. Belts, exhaust system and batteries are NG and all fluids and filters need changed. The car makes the wife happy and the truck makes me happy. Win-win.

Thanks for the input. Pictures soon.

Good find on that truck and great body style!