What do you drive for a truck?

/ What do you drive for a truck? #391  
Eh, Im on the side of it not being a truck, more like a minivan with a bed.
This has reminded me of when a friend and I were talking to my neighbor several moons ago.

He mentioned that he was going to do something "with his truck". My friend and I instantly said (in stereo if you will) "Gil, you don't have a truck".

He was referring to his S-10 Blazer.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #392  
Thanks, it is indeed a fun little thing. A Daihatsu HiJet to be precise.

It's what I drive the most often, by far, but for the most part it doesn't leave the property. I take it to the nearby post office once a week or so.

I love that little truck! If I had the property to justify it I would have one!

/ What do you drive for a truck? #393  
This has reminded me of when a friend and I were talking to my neighbor several moons ago.

He mentioned that he was going to do something "with his truck". My friend and I instantly said (in stereo if you will) "Gil, you don't have a truck".

He was referring to his S-10 Blazer.

Ha! I do love the people that call their SUV's trucks, especially when they drive a small unibody crossover.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #395  
I love that little truck! If I had the property to justify it I would have one!
I looked at one a few years ago. If I didn't have my little dump trailer I would have bought it.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #396  
Ha! I do love the people that call their SUV's trucks, especially when they drive a small unibody crossover.

S-10 Blazer had a full-frame; certainly a truck by modern standards. 😉

/ What do you drive for a truck? #398  
Except they are not, I had one, on the title it said station wagon.. By that logic every car with a full frame was also a truck then right?

Different states would differ; here in Maine an S-10 Blazer and a Silverado half-ton are both passenger cars, but that doesn't make either a Mercury Sable. I'm not speaking of how your state organizes vehicles into different registrations, I don't care how they want to tax things. I'm speaking in more layman's terms.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #399  
Different states would differ; here in Maine an S-10 Blazer and a Silverado half-ton are both passenger cars, but that doesn't make either a Mercury Sable. I'm not speaking of how your state organizes vehicles into different registrations, I don't care how they want to tax things. I'm speaking in more layman's terms.

By definition you're incorrect. My opinion of what a truck is to me is subjective of course, a full frame plus all that is listed below and I would say rear wheel drive or four wheel drive, not front wheel drive. But at its basic definition the Ridgeline surely would fall into the truck category technically while the S-10 Blazer or any other SUV with a non removable bed cover do not.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A pickup truck or pickup is a light or medium duty truck that has an enclosed cabin, and a back end made up of a cargo bed that is enclosed by three low walls with no roof (this cargo bed back end sometimes consists of a tailgate and removable covering).

/ What do you drive for a truck? #400  
I never called it a pickup, I called it a truck, and I did so for a reason.