What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived?

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #51  
I bought mine used, so that changes things a bit, but a block heater to be sure! The ol' LK3054 can be a bit hard to start when it's below 20° or so. Each year I say I'm gonna put one in come summer, every year I never get around to it. :confused3:

The only other attachment I kinda wish I had was a backhoe. Wasn't in the budget when I bought the tractor, not really in it now either and not sure I'd use it enough to justify the cost but it would be nice to have. Keeping my eyes open for a used subframe mount that's not either all beat to death or they're not asking like new price for it.

I have FEL, tiller and bushhog.

I don't have very good luck with block heaters. When I bought my old L275 the first thing that I bought was an inline Katz (sp?) block heater... it wouldn't start in cold weather without it. The first one started leaking after a couple of months, so I got it replaced. After that I was putting a new one in about every other year, as that's how long they would last. It was a real PITA as I had to unbolt the radiator to in stall them...
The last one that I installed was in subzero weather before the wind chill... and the wind was howling. I blasted my space heater under the tractor to keep my hads from freezing, plugged it in- and the new heater didn't work. At that point I gave up, and the dead heater was on the tractor when I sold it.
My 3301 was 2 years old with 179 hours when I bought it, and came with a frost plug heater. That worked exactly once. Luckily this tractor will start without, as I haven't bothered to change it.

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #52  
Wondering if you let coolant circulate for a while prior to using a block heater. I put them on everything and never had one fail. True, there is no feeback circuit to shut the element off if it gets too hot.

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #53  
Regardless of your tractor uses, a storage shed and fuel tank with electric pump is the most universal thing and the most appreciated that you can get. I would build a shed, make sure the doors are high enough to park your tractor inside without lowering the ROPS. I would do this prior to getting the tractor, then put a fuel storage depot in it so you are ready to go when the tractor is delivered. Dont ever let your tractor set outside in the weather...............................................Much of the "implements " that you need depends on what you plan to use it for. ..............................................I am glad I have the cabbed LS tractor with heat and air but it just doesn't get used that much due to it's larger size, the B26 is just so much easier to work with. So choose your tractor size accordingly, weight and HP is nice but too big is just as bad as too small.

That's pretty much where I'm at. The shed came after the last tractor, but fortunately my brother-in-law had a slot in his barn next door to keep the tractor inside till the shed was ready. For refueling there's a blue plastic barrel with a 12V pump. I buy and transport on-road diesel in 5 gallon cans and dump them into the barrel. A lot easier than clambering up on the front tractor tire. Plus I don't make as much of a mess. I still fill the Ford from the 5 gallon cans because it's easy to reach from the ground.

There are some implements that came and went. Bought a box blade for a project and sold it when it was complete. Never had the need or desire for a backhoe. I built some that have seen limited use, and others would be tough to do without. As Gary said, this is something that varies by the individual and the tasks. I would like to build another set of brush forks for Spring and storm cleanup. The set I had were built specifically for the bucket on the L3200.

I do prefer to err on the large side with tractors and I think I finally went big enough. The previous one - an L3200 was a good tractor. It had a 72" rear finish mower and generally had sufficient FEL capacity and HP. It was mostly a desire for A/C that drove the last purchase. That worked out surprisingly well. The L4240 turns sharper, can lift a ton, handles a 90" RFM and (last Winter when we had some snow) had no problem with an 8' front blade.

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #54  
A better tool box! Working on making one for it now. Just got the tractor a week ago!

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #55  
Grapple (which I still don't have). FEL (wouldn't have bought it without a FEL). Real SSQA Forks (which I still don't have). Seven-foot Landscape Rake.

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #57  
Wondering if you let coolant circulate for a while prior to using a block heater. I put them on everything and never had one fail. True, there is no feeback circuit to shut the element off if it gets too hot.

I wonder if it was because of the way that I had to install them, as there was just enough space to fit the heater, so that it was touching the nipples on both the radiator and the engine block. No clue why the heater failed in my 2 year old tractor.

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #58  
Cast iron wheel weights

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #59  
A John Deere cap

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #60  
Axle spacers. It's the only thing I don't like about my tractor; too many pucker moments on side hills.