What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived?

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #41  
Attachments are easy to find after the fact and have little bearing on the price (unless you get a financing deal on the attachments too), but what I really wish I had gotten are rear remotes and front remote when I bought the machine. I should have sprung for the backhoe too. :)

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #42  
Just like the title asks? What parts, attachments, tools, or anything else did you overlook when you first recieved your tractor?
I'm buying in the next two or three months, most likely a l3901 package deal with rotary cutter, and box blade. Been using tractors for a bit more than a decade and ready to step into something modern. Will use mostly on flat land for pasture cutting and gravel drive maintenance
Thanks in advance!

I'm just gonna list some fairly inexpensive addons that very handy imho.

You're gonna probably want some sort of tooth bar on the bucket. Some suggestions: Bxpanded's Piranha bar, Ratchet Rake, or EA's Wicked bar. Each one has pluses/minuses, depends on your application, so check out some youtube vids on them. EA's toothbar is a beefed up version of the Piranha toothbar.

If you're getting a tractor with a backhoe, a thumb is a great thing to install on it.

Adding hooks to the bucket is wise choice. I don't have any yet, that's on the list for me. What I do have though is a hitch receiver welded on my bucket. The previous owner did that, not me. I admit I haven't used it to tow anything with it yet, but what I find most handy about it is it's a easy way to tell if my bucket is lever. Also, I use it as a hook of sorts, I strap chains or a bungee cords to it when hauling stuff like brush with the forks.

Speaking of forks, they're pretty handy. If you have a ssqa bucket, I'd go straight to ssqa forks. If not, bolt-on forks. Currently I got bolt-on, they came with my tractor purchase. They're a bit of a pita to mount, but I use them pretty often for moving brush.

Spinner knob on the steering wheel is pretty nice to have.

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #43  
This is a tough, yet, easy question to answer. Its tough because everyone is different, with different land, different tasks, different tractors, etc.

Its easy because there is so much extra that goes along with owning a tractor.

Implements are one thing, and they will come as time goes on. I started out with only two, a box blade and tiller. But as time has come and gone, I find myself getting more and more. In fact, I just picked up a blade scraper yesterday.

I'd say, the number 1 thing you will need, right out of the gate, is a good grease gun with the lock-n-lube attachment. I just so happened to make a new playlist on my channel dedicated to this very question. I only have one video on it this playlist, but more will come. Check it out! Tools, Techniques, Tips 'N' Tricks - YouTube

And check out the rest of my videos, link in the signature line.

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #44  
Probably as many SCVs as you can put on the thing.

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #45  
A bigger garage.

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #46  
   / What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #47  
I bought mine used, so that changes things a bit, but a block heater to be sure! The ol' LK3054 can be a bit hard to start when it's below 20° or so. Each year I say I'm gonna put one in come summer, every year I never get around to it. :confused3:

The only other attachment I kinda wish I had was a backhoe. Wasn't in the budget when I bought the tractor, not really in it now either and not sure I'd use it enough to justify the cost but it would be nice to have. Keeping my eyes open for a used subframe mount that's not either all beat to death or they're not asking like new price for it.

I have FEL, tiller and bushhog.

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #48  
I would also chime in that I would have gotten the 3rd function on the he the FEL.

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #49  
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but a fuel tank and pump in my shop. At 72, I'm awfully tired of wrestling 5 gallon cans for 4 machines...Dan.

Regardless of your tractor uses, a storage shed and fuel tank with electric pump is the most universal thing and the most appreciated that you can get. I would build a shed, make sure the doors are high enough to park your tractor inside without lowering the ROPS. I would do this prior to getting the tractor, then put a fuel storage depot in it so you are ready to go when the tractor is delivered. Dont ever let your tractor set outside in the weather.

Much of the "implements " that you need depends on what you plan to use it for. Personally I have no use for forks or a grapple now. When I first got my place a grapple would have been nice to pick up the brush but that use is all gone except for the occasionally storm damaged tree limb that falls and that is handled quicker than I could put on a grapple by just sawing it into small pieces and loading in the FEL.
If you plan to do a lot of grading with a box blade or grader blade, TOP N TILT would be handy but I dont do that so none for me.

I got a bush hog as my first implement and used it a lot, now maybe once a year for 3 hours is all I need it.

I also bought a disk harrow that has been replaced with a tiller that I also only use once a year for the garden and I may not even use it this year due to deer eating
up everything I plant so likely I will put in bedding pots this year.

I also bought a landscape rake that has pretty much become just a place for the chickens to set on. I do all my road maintenance with the FEL by back dragging.

I suspect that lots of folks buy things they use for a bit then find something else that works better.

As I said, your implements depend on what your usage is and only you can determine that. MY go to is my Kubota B26 TLB. I would not be without the backhoe. Just used it today to bury a cow for my brother in law. Your usage likely will vary, but I wont be without my TLB. I got it shortly after I bought my LS and it has over 600 hours on it. My LS has only 160 hours and I only use it to bushhog, till my garden and occasionally haul some dirt when I need more that a yard or two. Small quantities I use the Kubota TLB.

I am glad I have the cabbed LS tractor with heat and air but it just doesn't get used that much due to it's larger size, the B26 is just so much easier to work with.
So choose your tractor size accordingly, weight and HP is nice but too big is just as bad as too small.

/ What do you wish you had from the day your tractor arrived? #50  
I bought mine used, so that changes things a bit, but a block heater to be sure! The ol' LK3054 can be a bit hard to start when it's below 20° or so. Each year I say I'm gonna put one in come summer, every year I never get around to it. :confused3:

The only other attachment I kinda wish I had was a backhoe. Wasn't in the budget when I bought the tractor, not really in it now either and not sure I'd use it enough to justify the cost but it would be nice to have. Keeping my eyes open for a used subframe mount that's not either all beat to death or they're not asking like new price for it.

I have FEL, tiller and bushhog.

My tractor came with fel, mmm, and a boxblade which fulfilled my immediate needs. I really wanted a backhoe but that wasn't in the short sighted budget. Bought one within year that cost me much more more than if I had just bit the bullet.