What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #211  
IMG_0977.JPG IMG_1010.JPG 2018-04-15 12.16.42.jpg

Forks are good for moving half barrels of rocks. We just load the rocks in the half barrels until we get enough to make a trip to my brothers. He want's them for fill. He also has forks he can unload and dump the barrels with so the only hand work is when the barrels are loaded initially.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #212  
With an oversize pallet on the forks, I use it to lift furniture, appliances etc. up onto my 2nd story deck.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?
Forgot to mention I use forks to transplant big balled and burlapped trees. I dig the hole with the backhoe and can position the tree perfectly with the forks and not damage the tree. There is no better implement to move balled trees. It's like forks were intended for it.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #214  
Removed base of old block wall.
Fork Digging.jpg

Leaf bucket
Leaf-bucket.jpg

Move blower and electrical boxes.
blower forks.jpg

Enclosure 2.jpg

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #215  
No pics, but tearing out railroad tie bulkheads is a perfect application for forks!

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #216  
Now the downside. Unless carrying things with fork pockets or on skids, forks are extremely slippery especially when carrying steel implements.

I have also owned fork carriers that allowed the forks to be put on upside down, giving you that extra bit of height for certain tasks.

It helps having hydraulically adjustable width forks but any will do. I use them to break the bead on tires. Put the tire (valve removed) on a smooth surface and squeeze down with the forks just clearing the rims. It's the only way I do this.

Last edited:
   / What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #217  
I used my forks to poke a hole in the roof of a shed I was trying to move.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #218  
I used my forks to poke a hole in the roof of a shed I was trying to move.

I used my forks to poke a hole in my Mk I concrete shooting table form, ruining it. :(

The good news is that it forced me to make the Mk II concrete form, which is much mo bettah!